First evening with my new Kemper

• Sore fingers. Big grin.

I've basically been going through loads of rigs (factory content plus I got a load of Amp Factory rigs). There are an awful lot of sounds to like in this box. I've hit the 'favourite' button more than I should have already. How can you have 80 favourites when you haven't been through half of the rigs yet??

I love the free Morgan 20 profile - that one is amazing. Loads of the Amp Factory ones are great (loving the Tone Kings, Vox, some of the Fenders, some of the Marshalls. Everything really :)) Loving the dynamics - just playing any of the clean+ profiles is great fun.

Still getting used to the noise gate - I've not used one in years and, whilst it is very good indeed, it's taking me some getting used to.

I've found it pretty intuitive to use - the things you want to adjust most all have a knob or button. Other things, so far, have been easy enough to find in the menus. I daresay there is a lot more weeks of learning to be done and I won't know what I'm missing until I read the manual more carefully or stumble across a great tip on here.

I like the chorus, phaser and flanger - all are really good IMO. Also love the reverbs..... Like most other folks, a spring and a plate would be nice additions. I have a Strymon Timeline, Flint and Mobius and I had planned on putting them in the loop but so far I've been enjoying the Kemper versions so they can wait! I like the trem on the Mobius / Flint moreso than the one on here BUT there are a lot of parameters to tweak here that may get me close...... There is a really nice harmonic trem on the Strymon kit that almost sounds like a phaser crossed with a trem. So I may try doing a phaser and a trem here and keeping both subtle to see how that works. The delays are good but on the Timeline, the 'labelling' makes more sense than here..... I'm sure you could make a tape-style delay here with tweaking. On the Strymon, you just select dTape and you're there.

I've used it via my stereo monitor speakers and also was pleasantly surprised at the fact that it sounded good through headphones. Didn't see that coming.

I've used it with one of my home-made pedals up front already. I recently made a clone (well, as best I could with the germaniums I could get) of an Analogman Sunlion. Which is a 2 in one pedal with a tweaked fuzz face on one side and a tweaked Rangemaster on the other. I'm pleased to report that the Kemper behaved exactly as I would hope..... And hitting a hot AC30 with a Rangemaster was a lovely thing to do - seemed to work better than using the in-built treble booster.

I haven't even thought about profiling yet..... I only have 2 valve amps but, at some point, I will have a go and (if they come out OK) I'll pop them on the exchange. One is a Matamp C7 (which is a lovely little 7 watt valve amp) and the other is a kit-build super-clean thing based loosely on a Fender Champ circuit.

Things I struggle with - rig management already. I can see why people want the librarian so badly. Also, why a USB stick? Why isn't it possible to just plug a USB cable into your PC for transfer of rigs / software updates etc?

So overall a success so far :D

• I'm one week ahead of you. Trust me that feeling continues. I must have 800 freaken profiles in there now. It's a lovely mess.

I wish there was a Kemper top ten of free profiles. Hard to sort through all the stuff in the exchange.

• Yes, great - using the KPA since December 2011 - and still love it - endless honeymoon.

The best thing is, for a totally new sound - all we need is another profile.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Thanks for the replies everyone - this is a very enthusiastic forum which also helps a great deal, especially with a product with this kind of depth. I've a busy day today so it won't get much of a look-in till this evening and then it'll be headphones again. The 'amp in a room' thing isn't that important to me at home simply because I can rarely use an amp that way. By the time the children are in bed, it's mid to late evening before I ever get to play guitar and at that point even my 1watt mode on the home-made amp is enough to get me a death stare if I crank it :) Having a decent headphone output will definitely get me brownie points with my wife.

I need to get my expression pedal plugged in and try the wah pedals. I have a decent actual wah so I'll try that too. And I have some SPDIF cables on order so will play with that also. I will give the Strymons a work out in the loop - I've only ever used them in mono so I'm expecting to be suitably impressed. The Mobius is going to HAVE to be good TBH - I bought it for the fact that I played in a covers band and having presets was a big step forward vs regular stomp boxes. It does a lot more than the Kemper does in that direction but I need to establish if it's a 'more' that I 'need' for anything. I'm not saying the phasers and flangers in the Kemper are better than the Mobius or vice versa. Just that they sounded good on an initial listen and, being built in, they are a lot less hassle than having to play with an external pedal as well.

The rig exchange needs your Matamp C7.

I'll have a go. I have a Sennheisser e906 and, on the rare occasions I gig, I just drape that over the cabinet. Bare with me! It'll be the weekend before I get the chance to do this at the earliest and experience (lack of) may mean its a while before I capture anything post-worthy. But I will try :)

Welcome to kemperland! Great Post! Did you find the Black Toaster also Bit warmer and bluesier soundwise? :D

Burnt toast? :D I'll have you know that I'm British and we take our toast very seriously. If you add beans, it is almost the national dish :P

• Of course - it is cooked toast.

The white one has more of a raw sound about it ;)

White toast do generate a certain raw loose primal sound and the dark one has higher fiber content packed with unique sound qualities as well. This topic is heavily studied and debated by scientists on a global scale and the findings may lead to wind and ground breaking discoveries.

• White toast do generate a certain raw loose primal sound and the dark one has higher fiber content packed with unique sound qualities as well. This topic is heavily studied and debated by scientists on a global scale and the findings may lead to wind and ground breaking discoveries.

or, ground and Wind Breaking discoveries... :S :huh: