Dirty Shirley – Take One

• I did some more profiles of the Friedman Dirty Shirley. There are 40 profiles total so I put them in DropBox. Essentially, I profiled the amp with different gain settings and different mic’s. Gain 1 through 10 with both the low and high inputs, and with both an i5 and an SM57 mic.

The profiles are named like this: “DS-L i5 05” or “DS-H SM57 08”
    DS = Dirty Shirley
    L = Low Input or H = High Input
    i5 = Audix i5 microphone or SM57 = Shure SM57 microphone
    05 = Gain at 5 or 08 = Gain at 8

The tone controls were like this:
    Presence = 5
    Bass = 5
    Mid = 8
    Treble = 6
    Master = 2

The files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gh4a6py7whbdpmb/uJQK1CZhu0
    Please let me know what you think.

• wow that's cool. i am on holidays, but check them asap. thanks a lot for sharing :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Awesome Tim! When I saw the thread I got home and loaded them up even though I have to go away tomorrow & didn't have much time. I got thru the 1st two with both mics and the last one on hi input. All are really good & I know I'm going to really like a bunch in between. Sounds like a totally pissed off JTM.

I'm really not sure which mic I prefer yet. The SM57 has that signature sound and midrange hump but the i5 seems more balanced. I have to spend more time with them but great work and thanks SO much!

• Thanks for taking the time to do these Tim. Spent 4 hours last night just playing with a few of these profiles, unaware of how much time had gone by.

Really dynamic sounding (can go from clean to heavy OD with just pick control). Covers a huge amount of ground just with a single profile, strat and volume control. Some great Blackmore strat tones too.

• Tim- I finally got through all of them and spent some time comparing the i5 and SM57. So cool you did they. Wish I could tell you there is a clear winner with me but there isn't- all of them sound great! To my ears the i5 has a more flatter response but the SM57 has a bit more low end. With my P90 LP I think I like the SM57 but my Wolfgang likes the i5s.

Awesome work and I think as good as a lot of commercial. I'm a Marshall addict so these are a very cool addition! Thanks!

• I'm downloading a few of these to give them a go. In the meantime, does anyone have a favorite, or 2-3 favorites, for hard rock / higher gain classic rock applications using humbuckers? I am starting with the SM profiles gain range 7-10, hopefully I am on the right track

I'm downloading a few of these to give them a go. In the meantime, does anyone have a favorite, or 2-3 favorites, for hard rock / higher gain classic rock applications using humbuckers? I am starting with the SM profiles gain range 7-10, hopefully I am on the right track

I just got the Evil Robot from The Amp Factory great classic rock tones

• Hi timowens,

I tried to import the kipr files from the Dropbox Link into my Kemper. It refused saying: file size exceeds norm. And it'S true. The dropbox kipr files are 36kb big instead of the 4kb, I find in others. Did I miss something?

Mavid

• Hi Mavid, I have no idea why that is happening, I just clicked on the link to dropbox and it shows the files at 4kb. Have you checked the link today, I know they did some maintenance on dropbox earlier this week. If all else fails PM me your email and I can send them to you in an email.

• timowens, Finally got around to dl and trying your profiles. Very Very nice, thank you very much, they sound great and many options.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• The dropbox kipr files are 36kb big instead of the 4kb

There's a difference in file size depending on how you download the file. Right click --> save target as = bigger than 4kb. Left click --> download = 4 kb! This happened to me with other kipr-files too (can't remember which).

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)