kemper combo?

• The problem with this idea, as people have said elsewhere, is that a non-profiling Kemper would still be basically the same thing. The profiling process is using the same hardware and computery stuff as playing through it afterward, so there isn't really much that you could remove.

I think the only way you could really downsize would be to start removing buttons, some of the extra ins and outs, maybe the USB/Ethernet jacks, etc, which would definitely work for a floorboard unit, but I doubt the manufacturing cost would be much lower.

• The problem with this idea, as people have said elsewhere, is that a non-profiling Kemper would still be basically the same thing. The profiling process is using the same hardware and computery stuff as playing through it afterward, so there isn't really much that you could remove.

I think the only way you could really downsize would be to start removing buttons, some of the extra ins and outs, maybe the USB/Ethernet jacks, etc, which would definitely work for a floorboard unit, but I doubt the manufacturing cost would be much lower.

The removal of the profiling feature along with the various Ins & Outs options would render a Kemper Combo just another modeling amp, albeit the best of the lot. However, unless they believe they can sell more of these than they can the full Profilers, the cost would actually be HIGHER for such a combo. A great many of the folks who bought Profilers did so BECAUSE they can profile their own amps. That certainly is the case for professionals, who love the idea of taking THEIR amp sounds (every damned one of them) with them on the road without risking their prized amps to the rigors of the road, without having to deal with breakdowns, etc. Some may well be interested in getting a combo in addition to a Profiler, for a super simple setup, but I still think the full Profilers will outsell Combos, so the Combos will be more costly to manufacture.

My non-powered Profiler and Matrix Q12a together make for a simple setup with killer sound. I guess I could always bolt the Profiler to the top of the Q12a, turning them into a combo! ;)

• since the (endless and well legitimate) debate over the best amplification method wouldn't help to design a combo, i'd prefer an integrated pedalboard-style kemper-thingy for (even more) easy travelling...

[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8557148/fotos/_transfer/temporary/KFP_b_pedal.jpg]

I don't think there are plans to have the Kemper in another form factor, as per an interview I read.

It would be nice to have a Kemper combo amp, but I see that as complicating travel and transport. It's excellent that it's small enough to fit in a camera bag, imo.