Using a amp's return in the effects loop as a input coming from my kemper questions.

• Hey guys so i have read about using the monitor output to run into the effects return of my amp. Is this in fact safe, might i hurt the amp in any way? Are there any issue's anybody has run into.

Would it be safe or not advised to use the Main out to run into 2 different amps with both the left and right outputs. Should i just scrap this idea ; are there any safety concerns for either amp or the Kemper in any of these situations.

I have tube amps not sure if this was just for a solid state suggestion for using the Kemper as a preamp.

• The Monitor Out is the only output that can have the virtual Cabinet turned off, so that is the one you need to use to feed your power amp, which is what going into your tube amp's effect return does. But be aware that a lot of profiles sound vastly different with different cabinets, virtual or otherwise. Using the KPA as a preamp locks you into the real cabinet(s) you have plugged in, so there will undoubtedly be profiles that you like in the KPA that you won't like running through your amp. That may or may not be an issue for you, but it's something to be aware of.

• Lots of people on here have tried this with their other amps and have found some pleasant surprises. A few say the Fender Mustang III (v1) works super like this. I just ordered a used one today to do the same thing. I already tried it on my Tech21 Trademark 30 amp, and it sounds clear, but that amp's cab and speaker already sounded like crap and I had been wanting to replace the speaker. So, as good as it can be through that amp. So that's why I found a used Mustang III to try. At less than $200 used, you can't go wrong.

• well if I had 2 AFD100 I'd try.
    I just have one and I could compare his FX loop (great for being a valve Amp )
    to the acutal Power amp Section I use (that I called '88 Guns (they are 2 EH 44 Magnum so..)
    this is the video of the unboxing of the second one I bought
    (it was just for ''in case it was arrived Damaged'')
    in the last half You can see they coul fit Perfect in the back's hole.
    '88 Guns Kick ass!! :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZPJ8MoPxzM
    (sorry it'z Italian Audio only no Subtitles included /or even needed)

• I've got the Kemper's Monitor Out running to my 6505's Effect Return and it sounds damn fine. One thing to be aware of though, depending on your amp, is that the Effect Return may be *after* the amp's Master Volume knob, which means the Kemper would be your only way of controlling the volume. Always start with the volume turned down, and remember to link your Monitor Out volume to the Kemper's Master knob if you don't want to be adjusting it on every rig.