2.1.1 volume died on me tonight at gig

• This needs to be fixed asap. I have also noticed a possible new bug where upon turning the kpa on there was no sound after boot sequence and this has happened twice during the start of practice with 2.1. I've resorted to buying a marshall jmd 102 as a backup.

• Although I understand that it's not really pleasant to think of the KPA turning its volume to zero or to half the volume, there's no need to panick. This has been reported several times before and so far it hasn't stirred up much attention among other users. Also this happens relatively scarcely. I have only had this once every three or four months or so - so keep cool. Also the (new?) soft button solution is an easy way out of the trap in a live situation.

• Although I understand that it's not really pleasant to think of the KPA turning its volume to zero or to half the volume, there's no need to panick. This has been reported several times before and so far it hasn't stirred up much attention among other users. Also this happens relatively scarcely. I have only had this once every three or four months or so - so keep cool. Also the (new?) soft button solution is an easy way out of the trap in a live situation.

I'm sorry, but even using the numbers you state, that's completely unacceptable for professional gigging equipment. Your amp going silent onstage during a show is pretty much the definition of why you would panic about gear.

And the soft button solution only works in SOME of the reported incidents. Not all of them. And even if it did, it still wouldn't be acceptable. This is supposed to be pro gear.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• I love the kpa, but, my band is about to support a pro (his christmas song is known worldwide, founding member of a few other bands aswell). I can't risk it. Not saying I won't be using kpa for these upcoming gigs, but, I'm taking my backup for sure.

• Never happend here - but I use my KPA naked (guitar cable in and line out).
    No pedals, MIDI, ...

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• There is probably a software issue in 2.0.0 or 2.1.0, which is addressed in a future version (2.2.x).

I assume that you don't have a pedal plugged in to the KPA rear side. As a workaround, you might set the pedal types on the System Settings/Pedals page to "off" (default is Wah/Volume). A final fix for this is available in the next version.

If you are using pedals, it might help to initialize the pedals once in the System Settings/Pedals to recalibrate the ADC range.

Timo

p.s.: in general, it is helpful to open a support ticket about issues, it is more efficient and you are getting better responses than in the forum.

There's no need to panic? Say that to me when I'm playing in front of 3000 people! It might happen scarcely to YOU, not everyone. I feel it's happening to me often. This, for me, is a SERIOUS problem as I stated in my previous post. I hope Mr Kemper can maybe chime in a little in this thread as I haven't came across any other threads regarding this issue.

• There's no need to panic? Say that to me when I'm playing in front of 3000 people! It might happen scarcely to YOU, not everyone. I feel it's happening to me often. This, for me, is a SERIOUS problem as I stated in my previous post. I hope Mr Kemper can maybe chime in a little in this thread as I haven't came across any other threads regarding this issue.

There are quite a few threads about this issue but because its intermitant its hard to find the route cause i think. CK has definately acknowledge the tuner issue when it goes silent and im sure they are working on a fix

• 1. Please note the post by timo, who is a Kemper employee (just in case you didn't know).

2. For bug hunting it's always helpful to describe exactly what was connected to your Profiler and how it was configured when the problem occured.

It never happened to me, I've always set the pedals to OFF in the system menu page 4/9, I've never connected an external MIDI device either.

• p.s.: in general, it is helpful to open a support ticket about issues, it is more efficient and you are getting better responses than in the forum.

You're right about this - however, I have contacted support roughly about a year ago about this and the answer I got was, that it has never been reported before (KPA going silent when using the browse knobs to scroll through cabs / amps). It was suggested that I send the KPA for repair, which I didn't want to do, because I had just received the KPA back (soundboard had been defective and had been replaced). Since this issue only rarely occurs to me, I rather kept the KPA hoping that it might be a software related problem which might be addressed by a future FW, which as I understand is likely to happen.

• I had the problem twice 2 months ago when I received my unit, and never again after i did that:
    - turn off the 'mute signal' box of the tuner mode
    - turn off volume pedal

• I have to ask, for clarification, are we talking about two different issues here? One instance where the volume completely mutes and zero sound comes from the profiler.(Also the tuner comes up on the screen.) And a separate issue where the volume drops significantly, you can still hear sound, but very faint?

If yes, the second issue happened to me last week at the end of a 3 hour set. At first I thought it was batteries dying in my wireless pack, and that is the best way to describe the sound, but it was the same with a cable. We finished out our last two songs with my guitar barely audible, I know it's not the Tuner/Volume zero issue because the screen still displayed the correct profile. I don't want to pile on, but just reiterating the concerns of us live players, this is a very critical issue. I am the vocalist/rhythm guitar player and cannot simply walk over and turn my master volume up or take 2 minutes to reboot the entire KPA. Unfortunately, as much as I LOVE the sounds I get from the unit and it's versatility, I cannot use it in a live situation until this problem is solved. I am not sure how the KPA team will be able to hunt down and correct the problem, but I hope it is done soon.

Excellent product, just a few issues preventing it from being the ultimate studio/live tool.

I have to ask, for clarification, are we talking about two different issues here? One instance where the volume completely mutes and zero sound comes from the profiler.(Also the tuner comes up on the screen.) And a separate issue where the volume drops significantly, you can still hear sound, but very faint?

If yes, the second issue happened to me last week at the end of a 3 hour set. At first I thought it was batteries dying in my wireless pack, and that is the best way to describe the sound, but it was the same with a cable. We finished out our last two songs with my guitar barely audible, I know it's not the Tuner/Volume zero issue because the screen still displayed the correct profile. I don't want to pile on, but just reiterating the concerns of us live players, this is a very critical issue. I am the vocalist/rhythm guitar player and cannot simply walk over and turn my master volume up or take 2 minutes to reboot the entire KPA. Unfortunately, as much as I LOVE the sounds I get from the unit and it's versatility, I cannot use it in a live situation until this problem is solved. I am not sure how the KPA team will be able to hunt down and correct the problem, but I hope it is done soon.

Excellent product, just a few issues preventing it from being the ultimate studio/live tool.

You're right there is 2 different issues and I've had both!!

I've had the tuner issue twice and the browsing fast/volume cut 3 times.

Twice I was scrolling through profiles quick and the volume just completely dropped like someone mentioned before it sounded just like the reverb of the profile and when I was playing a gig I switch to my rhythm profile and it went dead, no tuner on a screen and no sound at all. Both times a reboot sorted the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free