Kemper as Mic Preamp

• Hi

Has anyone ever used the Kemper with mic preamp profiles to record vocals via the Kemper?
    Is it possible to get better results with profiled studio preamps as the "cheaper" mic preamps in the audiointerface? I'm not sure if it's possible and efficient but there are some "legendary" studio preamps on the market and it could be valuable to have it in the Kemper just as some "legendary" guitar amps.

• A mic preamp isn't an effect, at least not with regular use, it's an amplifier. The quality lies in how it behaves in this regard, the noise floor, speed etc. Amplifying a mic through a low quality preamp, then running the result through a profile of a good preamp makes little sense. You will just paint the bad source in a different colour.

Of course, if you want to use a mic peamp's distortion characteristics as an effect, it makes more sense.

• I don't want to use a low quality preamp first and then a good quality preamp after. My question was to use the Kemper as good quality preamp only. The Kemper profiles most of the existing guitar amps and the question is has the Kemper the ability to profile a good studio mic preamp.
    It was great for a small homestudio to have the "legandary" mic preamps as a profile to record the vocals. The same as for guitar recordings.

• I don't want to use a low quality preamp first and then a good quality preamp after. My question was to use the Kemper as good quality preamp only. The Kemper profiles most of the existing guitar amps and the question is has the Kemper the ability to profile a good studio mic preamp.

I guess what Trazan means is that you can't hit the KPA with a mic signal, it has to be pre-amped via... a preamp. So, the final result would depend on the weakest part of the chain.
    OTOH, if\once you've got a high-end mic pre, the KPA becomes redundant\useless

Hope this makes sense

• I guess Akkan will put a mic which don´t need phantom power (e.g. Shure Beta 58 a.s.o.) in the Kempers input. Even this microphone types are sounding very much better with a studio preamp. Not every user owns a good quality studio microphone.
    Unfortunetly i don´t have a high quality mic preamp - otherwise it would tried to make a profile. Anyone else?

Play it like you mean it.

• Thank you for sharing - I´ll give them a try!
    Btw: I have two very cool profiles from you in my setup, it´s the H&K Thirty. Thanks again for it!

Play it like you mean it.

• I guess Akkan will put a mic which don´t need phantom power (e.g. Shure Beta 58 a.s.o.) in the Kempers input. Even this microphone types are sounding very much better with a studio preamp. Not every user owns a good quality studio microphone.
    Unfortunetly i don´t have a high quality mic preamp - otherwise it would tried to make a profile. Anyone else?

Right.
    I was rather referring to the mic's output level compared to a guitar output level: it's more or less 1/10 (about 20 mV Vs. 200 mV?), and I am not sure the sound you'd get would be the best possible w/o a pre.