Emg 81

• Anyone used an emg 82 bridge pickup for any of their recordings around here

I have 3 teles .. lil 59 in one, chopper in another and a JR tele with and 81 in the bridge..

all sound great through the recording monitors.. emg's through headphones are a headach with a tele, the hellraiser is nicer...

would be interested to hear some 81 recordings, and also learn how you eq etc etc when mixing and mastering..

thanks

steve

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• I'm sure if I remember correctly these are the pick ups in a Gibson Zakk Wylde guitar? I had one of these many years ago and found them to be quite compressed but very good for recording. A friend of mine had some put in his Gibson that I recorded a year or two ago and I found them to be very pleasant when recording very smooth and would cut through the mix very easily.

On the Zakk Wylde guitar I sure he had his the wrong way round so the 82 in the neck and 81 in the bridge I think I've got it round the right way

• 81/85 in my PRS Torero is one of my favourite guitars for using with KPA. Some people recommend using 2 9volt batteries for a bit more tone and open sound. Yet to try it, but, some google.searching and youtube videos will help you decide. Really nice for recording with anyway.

• Thanks guys... there's nothing wrong with my recordings, I'm just hoping to hear some clips from you guys...
    youtube has many but I'de like maybe some soundcloud clips and some advice on eq ing in reaper etc, are there some different techniques
    for eq ing an EMG equip'd guitar because of the different freqs

thanks

:D

• This one's 81-7 on the right, Duncan Blackout on the left. I have 1.5kHz reduced slightly on the guitar tracks (because quad tracking with these particular profiles made the tone slightly "quacky" cocked wah -like), as well as a low pass at 7kHz and high pass at 80Hz.

I also slightly reduced 4kHz on the master bus eq (-1dB).

https://soundcloud.com/nakedze…ding-the-crematorium-with

But all of this will vary depending on your guitars tone, mix, other instruments, how you dialed in the profiles etc. etc.

The best way to go about this would be if you'd post a clip of your own so we can hear what you're working with and maybe give pointers?

• Thanks man, I could hear the 81 on the right, straight away somehow.. but both sounded great together.. I don't have my own clips but just noticed when recording and comparing there was quite a bit of difference.. a lot more mods with the lil 59, quite a lot more... but the 81 sounds great also, something about the 81's I like anyway...

kiitos :)