Andy's Hairy Brown Eye ;) (Friedman content)

• Picked up Andy's Friedman Brown Eye profile after doing the survey, along with the trainwreck and jcm800. Not sure why there isn't more love for the Friedman, I think it sounds pretty great to be honest. Just wanted to do a little tone test, with a simple recognizable riff that we all know. I'll throw up my lead patch with it later, and some complimentary 80s shred/wankfest to go with it as well :D. So far this is one of the best modded marshall tones I've heard yet. NO post EQing, just plugged right in with les paul (bare knuckle aftermath in the bridge) and played.

https://soundcloud.com/truckguy3/friedman-hbe-tone-test

• Sounds good!! Funny you should mention this profile but I came across this one tonite while I was renaming my profiles and I thought it sounded quite good too

Yea this is the "Full +TS" profile. I'm sure I could tweak it to get more something out of it, not really sure what it's missing, if anything really. Really sounds great the way it is. Really can't think of a better modded marshall profile I've heard yet.

• Yea this is the "Full +TS" profile. I'm sure I could tweak it to get more something out of it, not really sure what it's missing, if anything really. Really sounds great the way it is. Really can't think of a better modded marshall profile I've heard yet.

With minor tweaking, this profile is my go-to Marshall rhythm tone & lead tone. Absolutely fantastic profile

• Thanks dude, the second test sounds much better to me... I know it was the tubescreamer profile...

Don't have my KPA in front of me, but I did bring down the highs a bit with the studio EQ at about 14k or so.... I'll post EVERYRHING when I have it in front of me... Really didn't do much though at all. That is my les Paul with a bareknuckle aftermath in the bridge, and it sounds like god in my opinion seriously, this helps a ton...

Also this is 4 tracks, 2 each side, ALL panned at 100 percent(yes all) with the doubled tracks about 3db Lower in volume.

• I prefer the 2nd one also.. good riffing though :) works well with a les paul as you demonstrate clearly here., but try it with a strat too for a more transparent sound :)

Andy I agree, totally rolled off wayyyy too much high end on the first one. I must have had "ear hangover" from listening to a profile right before this.... In fact, this is such a real phenonomenom, mesa/boogie has an article about this in their manual. basically, going from one "sound" to the next quickly, you're ear at first will probably think it sounds like, well, shit for lack of a better term haha! After relistening, I dialed the highs back in, which is obviously present in the 2nd clip. This is is a fantastic sounding profile, absolutely no doubt. I am playing in a slayer tribute show tomorrow, and this profile sound absolutely amazing, the absolute quintessential modded marshall tone, but it wouldn't work for the "traditional" slayer tone. Got a few friends with some Dave Friedman modded stuff, and this guy OBVIOUSLY has an ear for tone, and this profile totally catches it.

Andy, do you remember what cabinet/mics/mic preamps you used for this? I know you've obviously done a TON of profiling, just curious if you remember by any chance.

• VesMEdic, yes indeed its called EarFatigue.. it happens a lot with modeller" type of players, they spent all night programming in sounds they like, and patches for shows etc.. - when they are happy with the days work,, they revisit the day after to find it all totally wrong again.. and the tweeks begin again.. next day.. the same.. etc etc you get the idea..

Always need to have a break from anything audio, else everything sounds the same.. so I totally get where your coming from.

As far as the profile.. your right I cant remember, but it will be on my website, (on a mobile now) so hard to see it correctly but if you click the amp > more info it should tell you there..

Good luck in your show!.. let us know how it went!