Stereo harmonizer -- apparently, it's already there! Woo!

• I don't even have my Kemper yet, but as far as I can tell from the manual and other sources, it doesn't have this feature. Correct me if I'm wrong!

When using the harmonizer in the post-amp position, it would be great if we could adjust the stereo position for the different voices independently. E.g., dry signal on the right, pitch shifted signal on the left.

I can currently do this on my GT-10, which can run two separate channels simultaneously in its effects chain, by splitting the channels (amp A and amp B) left and right, and applying the harmonizer (with only the wet signal) to one of them.

It would be cool if the Kemper could do this as well. I'll be running a stereo setup and even a slight separation of the harmonized voices -- not necessarily hard right/hard left -- would sound very neat, I think.

Edit -- I just realized it may not be that simple without running two separate amp sections, because you want the harmonizer before the amp in the effects chain, of course. Oh well... :)

• I believe the panning is for the harmonized pitches though, not the dry signal.

not quite.
    with the voice mix at -5 or +5 (only one voice), the stereo parameter moves the dry and the pitchshifted signal hard left/right in it's max (180°) setting and it reverses that effect at -180°.
    with the voice mix at 0 (both pitchshifted voices are equally loud), the stereo parameter moves voice 1 and 2 from hard left to hard right (and vice versa) while keeping the dry signal in the middle.

it's a very simple, intuitive control.

• not quite.
    with the voice mix at -5 or +5 (only one voice), the stereo parameter moves the dry and the pitchshifted signal hard left/right in it's max (180°) setting and it reverses that effect at -180°.
    with the voice mix at 0 (both pitchshifted voices are equally loud), the stereo parameter moves voice 1 and 2 from hard left to hard right (and vice versa) while keeping the dry signal in the middle.

it's a very simple, intuitive control.

My green lunch box arrived yesterday so I've finally had a chance to try this. It's a very elegant solution and it works exactly as I hoped it would. ^^

Also, I was afraid note tracking would be worse if you place the harmonizer after the amp stack (because the high gain signal is less 'clear') but it's perfect! Very impressive.

• My green lunch box arrived yesterday so I've finally had a chance to try this. It's a very elegant solution and it works exactly as I hoped it would. ^^

Also, I was afraid note tracking would be worse if you place the harmonizer after the amp stack (because the high gain signal is less 'clear') but it's perfect! Very impressive.

great!

glad you like it! :)