Help: Puzzling profiling error

• I'd really like to know what went on here and hope that CK or anybody with technical knowledge of the profiling process can chime in.

I made a series of profiles using my old Marshall and a Friedman. I got quite a few very good results, with sounds spanning from clean-ish with some hair to moderately overdriven tones. All of this were done in my home studio using one SM57 in front of a Scumback M75 loaded in a Port City cabinet.

Now, most of the profiles were ok, and I'm using a couple of them on a daily basis. One of the profiles however, a distorted Marshall sound, behaves strangely. I didn't notice it immediately in the studio, but when I took it live, I started noticing that there was kind of a clean sound in parallel with the distorted sound, as if part of the guitar signal bypassed the amp and went direct. The part of the sound that was distorted sounds really great, but this slight direct sound of the guitar ruins the sound.

I'd really like to know what's going on here. I suspect that something's gone wrong during the profiling process, but what?

Also, are there tweaks to do after to remedy this? The direct parameter in the amp stack, the only relevant parameter I can think of, is at zero.

• please check what your outputs are set to (although a DI content here would show up in all rigs.)

please pm me in order to send me the profiles in question, please.
    and a backup for good measure :)

thanks.

Thanks, I will do this later today (haven't got the kpa in front of me right now). I'll check the outputs, but can you tell me if there's something I should be aware of when setting the outputs, out of curiousity? (Apart from the obvious stuff, feeding the foh or soundcard with too hot signal etc.)

• Thanks, I will do this later today (haven't got the kpa in front of me right now). I'll check the outputs, but can you tell me if there's something I should be aware of when setting the outputs, out of curiousity? (Apart from the obvious stuff, feeding the foh or soundcard with too hot signal etc.)

the output setting is relevant only in the somewhat unlikely case that you are using SPDIF to FOH (which is becoming more common, ot so I was told) ;) and have the SPDIF set to Git/Stack.