Flanger or phaser type sound on whole presets

• Hi. I just got my Kemper. Everything works, but on all presets I hear some phaser type sound. I try to switch of "Stomp" and "Effects" section, but i still heart that signal phases are moving. For a half year i used Fractal Axe and I really enjoyed reverb and delay, I tried to find similar effects on Kemper, but reverb sound awful :( l. Any can help?

• How are you monitoring the Profiler? Check your output settings. If it's connected to a Soundcard check if you are monitoring simultaneously via the Interface directly and the DAW. That would caause the phasey sound.

• I bet Kempermaniac nailed it. I like having a little modulation on the delay (I guess it's from using an MXR Carbon Copy delay pedal), and that's how I've set up my delay (the OP's description is exactly what you'd hear if modulation was enabled in the delay).

• I still think it is double monitoring via DAW and Interface Direct Monitoring as the OP tried switching delay and Reverb (off?) to no avail. Would be cool to hear from OP if any of the suggestions helped to solve the problem.

• Have to agree with Hell-G ond OK strat , I had the same problem with double monitoring

Would this "double monitoring" concept include having a backline FRFR using the monitor out, plus monitoring from stage monitors through the FOH system? I have experienced some "phasey" sounds on certain patches.

If this applicable, what is the solution? Gigging without a backline with volume I control is unacceptable, but foregoing a guitar mix in the stage monitor is also problematic. Is it a placement issue? E.g. not directly facing each other?

• Would this "double monitoring" concept include having a backline FRFR using the monitor out, plus monitoring from stage monitors through the FOH system? I have experienced some "phasey" sounds on certain patches.

If this applicable, what is the solution? Gigging without a backline with volume I control is unacceptable, but foregoing a guitar mix in the stage monitor is also problematic. Is it a placement issue? E.g. not directly facing each other?

It might, but if it does it will happen no matter what you use to generate the original signal (amp, kemper, axe II, whatever) because the phasey sound is due to one of the signals being slightly delayed compared to the other one. If you can, get one of your stage monitors next to your backline FRFR and listen to them in the same position at the same volume. If you hear the phase stuff then, turn one off and if it fixes it, you have a little more delay (I mean a TINY bit) going through the stage monitors.

It doesn't bother me when it's two different sources, just sounds fatter to me, where it really sounds weird is when you have the delayed signal mixed with the non delayed coming out of the same speaker(s). Then it gets real comb filtery.

• Hey I just wanted to point out that I've gotten phasy-type sounds (kind of like radio tuning-in) when using high values on the Noise Gate (~6.5). Some rigs set it real high. I also like to lock Input, but then sometimes I'll try to test something and forget I set it up so high. I hear the phasy-ness when I'm not playing, although I bet a little bit would be evident when playing as well. My preferred setting for this is 1.5. If I need more I use the 2:1 or 4:1 depending on how tight I need the cutoff.