Sort Profiles by Custom User Field(s)

• I have a Strat, and a Les Paul. Profiles that sound best for my Strat don't work as well for my LP, ect... If I had a Custom Field to sort by (like Favorites or Last Imported), I could add one called "Strat" and another called "Les Paul". That way, when I plug in my Strat, I can sort to the "Strat" profiles. When I plug in my Les Paul, I could sort to "Les Paul". With so many profiles, it's hard to keep track of them all!

The custom sort field idea works for types of music too. For example, "Blues" or "Metal". Sorting by "Metal" would bring up any profiles I have specified for that genre.

This is a great way to make the hundreds of profiles work more efficiently.

I used to list all the gear I own... Now, it's just the Kemper / FCB1010 / Yamaha MSR400!

• Yes, this is one example of the reinforcement of the KPA's file management abilities we've been waiting since a long time.

IMO the machine was not designed for the proper management of a large number of files.
    I strongly hope the librarian will give us more freedom and tools, but this won't be enough IMO as long as the KPA has to be physically connected to the computer for taking advantage of the librarian's advanced capabilities.

We need folders on the machine, and/or several custom fields. The editor has to allow the user to upload organized files onto the Profiler, but the Profiler itself must have the ability to manage the structured data once they are up.

This is the feature I've been absolutely missing overall on the Kemper.

• +100%

Dear Christoph Kringle, I have mostly sort of been a good fully grown man this year. All I want for Christmas is a librarian/editor/direct upload from computer thingie-majig with custom tag fields and folder integration... Even a sneak peek at what the elves are working on would be nice! :P

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

Edited once, last by BuckeyeBrown ().

• +100%

Dear Christoph Kringle, I have mostly sort of been a good fully grown man this year. All I want for Christmas is a librarian/editor/direct upload from computer thingie-majig with custom tag fields and folder integration... Even a sneak peek at what the elves are working on would be nice! :P

AGREE AGREE AGREE

• +1, a great idea. Sometimes sifting through profiles manually, I get the feeling that I haven't even tapped 1 per cent of the total sounds on offer in the Kemper and various user profiles. It would be great to be able to move to a "cleans" folder or a "medium gain" or a "high gain" folder to be able to select tones for a recording or a jam situation. Currently, you'll look like a show off trying out a gazillion profiles before settling on one.

• Imho, a custom user field with one value only wouldn't feel right. If we're asking for more comfort browsing the rigs, there must be an even better solution with multiple entries. This way you could enter a couple of terms like "Rock, Blues, ZZ Top, Gretsch Billy-Bo" and filter by these terms. But that's quite some extra work for Kemper and I'm not sure this will ever happen. But single value fields feel so 90ies when you consider all the massive tagging going on on the web nowadays. :)

• That's exactly what I meant. We don't need ONE custom field with ONE value only. We need multiple values (tags). Imho, that's the only way to do it "right".
    And the Profiler needs a method to analyze, store, provide all tags used to easily filter the rigs. Glad I don't have to program this on the toaster though. :)