KPA won't recognize USB stick

• Hi, This is my first post on this forum. I bought a KPA two days ago. It is phenomenal at reproducing authentic sounding amps - I profiled my Mesa Boogie Road King, and the sound from the KPA is nearly indistinguishable from the real thing. I love the KPA and would like to keep it, BUT...

I can't get it to recognize a USB stick. I've searched this forum and the web and read everything I can find. Before I open a support ticket or return the amp to Guitar Center, I thought I'd ask for ideas. I can't think of anything else to try.

What I've tried:
    7 different USB sticks, 6 different manufacturers, sizes from 512 MB to 16 GB.
    2 brand new sticks, fresh out of the package.
    Formatting sticks as FAT32, FAT, exFAT, NTSF.
    Formatting sticks on a PC, and on a Mac.
    (Macs put system files on the USB. I've deleted those, and re-formatted on a PC.)
    Doing a quick format, and a full format.
    Overwriting with zeros.
    Inserting the USB while the KPA is on, off, and in the middle of booting.
    Booting to Tuner, Browser, and Performance mode.

The firmware version currently on the KPA is 1.0.9.7426.

Odd, I just noticed that the internal serial number doesn't match the serial number pasted to the bottom of the unit. Supposedly Guitar Center already sent the unit in to be repaired for some other problem - maybe the serial numbers got mixed up at that point. Assuming the tag on the outside is a serial number, of course.

Thanks for any help. This is really frustrating.
    Dave

• Dave, you need to let the Kemper format the USB stick, not your PC. There's an option to format the USB stick when you insert it. Plug it in after warming up your Kemper, turn on the profiles, stick in the USB stick and a bunch of options should come up on the screen. The maximum data size the Kemper can use is 3 GB, so a 4 GB stick will be perfect. I'm using a Sandisk and while it sometimes doesn't register, it's just a simple matter of taking it out and plugging it back in again.

I wonder if the non-matching serial number is an issue, but the one on the outside is just a label. Shouldn't be an issue.

• Guitartone and Ingolf, you have it right. I'd like to format the stick on the profiler, but it doesn't see the stick at all. So I guess it's a support ticket or a return. Thanks.

• My KPA does this intermittently. Sometimes it recognizes them, sometimes not. Regardless of the manufacturer of the USB (3 different brands)

• I formatted my usb stick to FAT. Insert your usb stick into your computer, right click, select format, select the FAT format in the drop down menu, on the bottom unclick quick format. It should format the stick in a minute or two. This completely solved all my problems and im using a free stick I got at school lol.

• The sticker on the bottom is indeed your serial-if that is different from the one in the system menu i would strongly suggest that you open a ticket to get that resolved.
    After all you wouldn't know which number to use for registering the unit.
    Also take a close look at the USB socket in the KPA-are any of the 4 golden contacts bended or twisted? That would explain why no USB stick is detected by the Profiler