LF+12+/Mission Pedal

• Mrs. Claus hit a home run this year. She set me up with a new Liquid Foot + 12+ controller, and a Mission Engineering Pedal (in Christmas Red of course :) )

Spent a few hours getting everything up and working. Pretty powerful controller for sure. Not cheap by any means, but I can't imagine hooking this thing up to any midi device and it not being able to do what I need it to do. So hoping it will be the end all for some time to come for me.

The KPA still continues to amaze me everyday......
    Awesome Product....

Merry Christmas everyone.....

sean

Edited 2 times, last by Joptunes ().

• On the list of things to do today!

This controller is pretty amazing! I have been playing with pretty much every CC parameter and thinking of ways to integrate into this foot controller. The step commands are very cool allowing you to change delay/mix levels on the fly, and getting pretty close to usable "freeze" type setup by adjusting the Reverb Time. Anything you can think of, that can be controller by the KPA MIDI implementation is at your feet, pretty cool !!

Couldn't get the pic to embed in the message, so here is a URL.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A35qXGF102qqO

Sorry Ingolf, Mrs. Claus wanted to remain anonymous to protect future Christmas'

sean

Edited 4 times, last by Joptunes ().

• I have really been happy with the programming results. Each day I've spent 45 minutes to an hour playing around and trying different things. A lot depends on how you want your foot controller to work and then make it happen.

For example, you have presets, pages, songs, set lists, IA slots, and it's a lot to take in. But once you understand that all of these things are programmable and you put them where you want them, it's very powerful.

My first run was a straight forward thing where the bottom row of switches would trigger my four favorite profiles. The top eight switches were setup to turn on/off the 4 stomp and 4 FX slots. Easy enough, worked great. Next I removed the switch to turn reverb on/off and put in tap/tuner control instead. 2 minutes later, it's done and you can put and of these switches wherever you want them. You can also assign two functions to each switch. So the tap/tempo switch is tap like normal, but if you press and hold it turns into tuner control. So each switch can have 2 functions meaning 12 buttons now turns into 24 buttons.

All of this is on just the first page and there are 50 pages you can setup!
    So started to play with CC controls. Using step commands I have a switch that will toggle rotary speed, another button that changes delay mix from 50% to 80% and a third press goes to 100%, the fourth click cycles back around to 50%. Another step switch will take reverb time from the default setting to 10s so you can get the long/hold/freeze thing going, I hit the same button a second time and it bypasses the reverb block so I can play lead lines over the long decaying tones, etc. you can program the controller to do anything you can dream of within the controller itself. Then you can utilize all of the parameters in the KPA that will respond to midi commands.

Currently I have it setup so the first page has my 10 favorite and often used profiles. One button is for tap/tuner and another button to go to page 2. Whenever I select a profile the LF triggers that profile on the KPA, and automatically jumps to page 2. I have page 2 setup to be on/off switches for the 3 stomp and 4 FX blocks, tap/tuner, and 3 CC controls (delay mix, rotary speed, reverb time) and one button to get back to page 1 and select another rig. All of this is because that's how I want it to work and if I want to change it later I can. Very powerful stuff. You program light colors, all kinds of stuff.

I'm no midi guru so I'm just barely scratching the surface on what this thing can do.

Sorry for the long ramble and I know it's probably hard to follow without seeing it live, but I'm very impressed with the controller. It works great with the KPA. Maybe a video in the near future. Also, LF put up a YouTube video recently where there are no wires for midi/power/ or syncing to your computer. It's all done via Bluetooth! So much like the KPA, they are staying on the cutting edge of development and pushing things forward.

Sean

• Man that IS some powerful stuff!! I've got to save a little change and get one. I really dig having multiple commands for a single button in series. One of the things that I used to like about GR5 was being able to assign effects to a master container. This way when I changed between scenes/amps/rigs, the Master effects stayed on and went with the rig change. There'd be no gap or glitch in sound with the change.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Ed,
    Yes I downloaded the new editor and Jeff did a great job of adding features.

You can now get to all slots of every performance in the KPA and you don't have to worry about bank commands, the LF converts simple PC messages to the right bank and preset commands.

This foot controller is Uber powerful!

I plan to make a quick video of how I have mine setup. I'm still learning the concepts of pages, context, etc on the LF.

Sean

• Yeah, I'm learning something new every day as well. Still getting my arms around the concepts and things the LF just automatically does on its own.

I'll send you some messages on how I'm using it today.

Are you active on the LF Forum?

Sean

• Sean,
    Yes Im on the LF forum.

Lightbox. I got lucky and purchased mine on Thegearpage. Got it used for $600 and no wait. Had it for a month and my usb cable accidentally went in the ethernet port and shorted it out. A freak accident, but LF replaced it for free. Nice huh.

By the way sean, put a piece of black tape over the ethernet port(for expansion unit) so this doesn't happen to you.

Ed

• The wait will be worth it once it shows up. The unit will do whatever you can dream up and is controllable via midi by the kemper.

Thanks for the tip on the Ethernet port.

Sean