Should I Get a Kemper?

• I highly recommend uno4kemper with kemper. You can easily assign what you want to control Only down-side is there arent quite enough pedals to control all fx slots.

• Hi Alan,

you clearly stated you ONLY play clean sounds, so you will obviously not make use of many of the Kemper features dedicated to distortion, you'll delete many of the factory rigs shipped with the Profiler. And I think your mind tells you something like "wow, why spend a fortune if I only use 5% of what the Profiler is capable of?" ... and yes, to some degree you're certainly right.
    But on the other hand, if you're looking for some variation in clean sounds, if you like to have choice between amazing clean amps, it's still worth the investment, imho. Even if you decide to buy some of the awesome profile/rig packs and use only 1/4 of the profiles you just bought ... still worth every penny, because for a handful of coins you can get your hands on amps that would cost you tens of thousands bucks/quid/euros in the real world. Even your self-imposed limitation to 100% clean sounds leaves more than enough room for an amazing journey into the world of amp sounds.

Only thing I don't quite get: You're playing at home, bedroom levels, enjoying music. Why the rack version? Why not the beautiful lady's handbag aka toaster aka vintage Profiler? So much more convenient and chique for home use, imho. :)

• Hi lightbox

Thank you for the comments,most of which are correct.Yes I have wondered why I should spend that amount of money to use only a fraction of what's available,well I have read that even the distorted/overdrive sounds can be cleaned up by backing off the volume,so if true I will probably use more than I first thought.

When you consider I was going to get a Mesa Boogie Express 5/25 at £1400,which is only 1 amp,then I learned about the Kemper,which is hundreds of amps for nearly the same money,no contest and if it's as good as everyone say's it is I will be much better off.
    I am wanting to learn some Eagles stuff,so the overdrive stuff may not be wasted.

Why the Rack,I guess it's because I just like the look of the rack over the Handbag design.
    No other reason.

Think that covers everything,thanks.

Alan

• I think I might put a demo of my current sound here,then you can tell me how
    much different/ better a sound I can expect with a Kemper.

I presume that would be ok?

Alan

• Clean sounds on the KPA are amazing, but i don't know if i'd spend 1550 euros if i'd use it only at home and only for clean sounds.
    Guys are all right telling that you have no other machines which can give you the same amount of clean options out there, but at the same time you have to consider if you are not satisfied with your actual rig, if there's a specific amp which you know it can satisfy your ears and so on.
    In a similar condition i'd probably look for one good amp, if i could find it in a lower budget than the KPA.

But maybe the self limitations that you are considering might go away in the future, so it could be a very good move.
    For sure it is the best i have ever done.

• You can even record and provide a clean DI track and make us reamp it with a few different profiles/rigs so you can judge on your own, with your own playing.
    There are quite a few users here that have their Profiler setup ready to reamp without much effort. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

• I used Guitar Rig 5 Pro in my studio for the past three years. It was effective for enhancing tone but in the end, it just wasn't as accurate, i.e. tone rich as my KPA. The KPA changed everything and opened up a world of possibilities of tone variation. There were some cool things that GR5 did like parallel paths, so you can create two parallel rigs and pair them down to a stereo field. The KPA allows you to blend a direct/clean tone with a distorted/efx tone which kind of gets you there and is very effective.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I can't get the uno4kemper chip to work right, the volume, wha and tap tempo pedals do not work. Also when I switch rigs the delay drops out and does not trail to the next rig.

Can anyone help?