The Ultimate Worship Tool!

• Hi, my name is John and I am a volunteer worship director at my fairly small rural church. I had been using a Boss GT-100 for several months, and while it is designed very well for live use and has decent sounds, I just could not get a good AC sound dialed in. And I am a tube snob at heart, so as usable and practical as the GT is, it was perpetually unsatisfying. Enter the Kemper Profiling amp. Whoa! I plugged in my Duesenberg Starplayer+ and within just a few minutes I found the right profile, dialed in the right dotted eighth tap delay and some reverb and I suddenly had the sound that seems to be the signature of so many contemporary worship artists. Baloche, Tomlin, Hillsong...it's all there! What a blessing! I was actually considering getting a low wattage boutique EL84 head, isolation cabinet and some outboard effects and the Kemper saved me from all of that cost and frankly headache, which is exactly what a real tube amp creates in a typical worship setting. Now I am CHOMPING at the bit for Kemper to release their foot switch as I am finding the non MIDI switching options somewhat limiting. Thank you Kemper for helping me take our worship music and my personal worship experience to the next level!

Oh, and I explored some of the Fuchs and Two Rock overdrive profiles and I could not put my guitar down. Especially the Ford-esque rigs. Simply amazing and more inspirational tone and responsiveness than I have experienced in years! Never did I expect such tone to come through my studio monitors or church FOH system.

• Welcome John! This is a GREAT forum with a bunch of extremely helpful, extraordinarily talented members.

Yep! That's been my experience too in P&W music. I've been using it for the past 1-1/2 years and it's the perfect solution.

I've been using a VooDoo Labs Ground Control Pro, I just bought a used Rocktron Midi Raider which has a couple of more buttons, a somewhat smaller form factor, and a larger display. When the Kemper controller comes out, I'll either buy that, and move the Rocktron to the Roland GR-55, or just stick with the Rocktron and get something else for the Roland.

It's a great time to be a guitar player.

• I have to agree, it's a perfect tool for worship guitar player. No more sticking your amps in a room 20 feet away, being asked to turn down! And the tones are great.

I recently purchased a Liquid Foot +12+ and it is a great controller for the KPA. It's not cheap but it sure delivers the goods and allows creative control like no other foot controllers.

Sean

• Hi John,

and welcome to the board :thumbup:

Like you, I dig all those king of Ford-esque rigs and more generally Fuchs , Two Rock, Dumble-kind and fender clean rigs. ( and, yes, sometimes I like some Bogner or old Marshall sounds too ... )

And Yes we have to admit that the Kemper is a dream to have all those EXPENSIVE amps sounds ... in a small lunch box !!!

Enjoy your Kemper ... and BTW, happy new year ;)

Hb :thumbup:

• I migrated from a POD HD500 to a Kemper for my church environment. I am very successfully using the HD500 as my midi controller for the Kemper. I set it up so all the buttons work the same as they did when I was modeling with the HD500, including tap tempo, volume, and wah. Plus the HD500 becomes a handy backup in case of a Kemper failure. The other feature I like is the tuner on the Kemper displays automatically when the volume pedal is pulled back to zero. Very handy. I actually like that better than using a muted tuner button for live use.

• I am the guitar player for our church of about 400 (my wife and I are also the Worship leaders). We do all the modern stuff (Hillsong, Tomlin, Brewster, Jesus Culture, etc. - and the classics too!) and I have been using a Kemper for the last 6 months with excellent results (I go straight into the board, but I have the powered Kemper so I power a Crate floor wedge with it for my monitor). I love it! I purchased a POD HD500 to use solely as a foot controller since it is relatively compact, and has a pedal with a toe switch for going between wah and volume. When I was looking for a Midi foot controller, I couldn't find one that can do as much as the HD500 for anywhere near the price, plus as the others have said, you have a backup if your Kemper has any issues. For P&W music it is pretty much perfect. I just wish it could do what my timeline could do with pitch shifted delay tails, but tone wise it is great.

I was using a Morgan DAG15 before the Kemper and was constantly having to turn it down (we don't have a good backstage room to mic the amp and turn it up in) and was always "the problem with the sound" and the Kemper has basically fixed all that. I sold all my pedals (Timeline, Fulldrive, Timmy, Hall of Fame, Boiling Point, etc, etc, etc) to buy it and I am really happy I did. I found the Morgan AC20 profile on the rig exchange and I have basically been using that as my "amp" all the time. Sounds a lot like my DAG15! I think if more church players took an actual listen they would go with a Kemper over their tube amps (especially if their sound guys have any say in the matter!) Glad to see more guys that have a Profiler playing in church, it is a near perfect match.

• I am the guitar player for our church of about 400 (my wife and I are also the Worship leaders). We do all the modern stuff (Hillsong, Tomlin, Brewster, Jesus Culture, etc. - and the classics too!) and I have been using a Kemper for the last 6 months with excellent results (I go straight into the board, but I have the powered Kemper so I power a Crate floor wedge with it for my monitor). I love it! I purchased a POD HD500 to use solely as a foot controller since it is relatively compact, and has a pedal with a toe switch for going between wah and volume. When I was looking for a Midi foot controller, I couldn't find one that can do as much as the HD500 for anywhere near the price, plus as the others have said, you have a backup if your Kemper has any issues. For P&W music it is pretty much perfect. I just wish it could do what my timeline could do with pitch shifted delay tails, but tone wise it is great.

I was using a Morgan DAG15 before the Kemper and was constantly having to turn it down (we don't have a good backstage room to mic the amp and turn it up in) and was always "the problem with the sound" and the Kemper has basically fixed all that. I sold all my pedals (Timeline, Fulldrive, Timmy, Hall of Fame, Boiling Point, etc, etc, etc) to buy it and I am really happy I did. I found the Morgan AC20 profile on the rig exchange and I have basically been using that as my "amp" all the time. Sounds a lot like my DAG15! I think if more church players took an actual listen they would go with a Kemper over their tube amps (especially if their sound guys have any say in the matter!) Glad to see more guys that have a Profiler playing in church, it is a near perfect match.

This is good news. I'm planning on using mine at church as well. I am trying to decide if I want to go with the axe II or keep the kemper. I currently have the kemper and axe standard. My issue is that it's missing the ability to use serial or parallel delays like tomlin etc. I like to run a couple delays for swells. I have thought about running the pedals in the loop or in front of the amp with the foot controller when it comes out, but ideally I would like to go pedal free. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

• I too have been using the Kemper in the worship setting since it came out...it is a great tool and I highly recommend it...I use the Ground Control Pro to control and go straight into the board monitoring through floor monitors....

• Just ordered the rack. Can't wait to put it thru its paces. From what I hear it's all good! Got the new variax, HD500, Kemper soon to come, what else can you ask for. :thumbup:

• Just ordered the rack. Can't wait to put it thru its paces. From what I hear it's all good! Got the new variax, HD500, Kemper soon to come, what else can you ask for. :thumbup:

Well, how about something so you can hear the fantastic simulations you are going to produce. :P

BTW, I also have a JTV, but the HD500 became useless (except as an expensive foot controller) when the Kemper arrived.

I did keep my DT-50, though (for sentimental reasons).

• Well, how about something so you can hear the fantastic simulations you are going to produce. :P

BTW, I also have a JTV, but the HD500 became useless (except as an expensive foot controller) when the Kemper arrived.

I did keep my DT-50, though (for sentimental reasons).

I hear you. The USB on the HD500 isn't working so it may be out the door soon. Used my hd with my jtv69 and it worked great changing patches and guitar models. Gonna have to see how everything works together. :?:

• Used my hd with my jtv69 and it worked great changing patches and guitar models.

I just put my most used guitar models in my JTV's first custom bank, and use the 3-way (or 5-way) switch to select.

For rig selection, I'm hoping for a shiny new Kemper Foot Controller this year. :S

• I just put my most used guitar models in my JTV's first custom bank, and use the 3-way (or 5-way) switch to select.

For rig selection, I'm hoping for a shiny new Kemper Foot Controller this year. :S

Only have had my JTV since Wednesday so just trying to get more familiar with it. The software program is pretty awesome. :thumbup: