Problems and warranty support after a year?

• Hi all

I am thinking of getting another Kemper after a bit of an absence. I'd prefer to buy used to minimise cost, however having read the threads on here about LEDfailures, etc, I'ma bit worried about the position if the unit malfunctions. The unit I'm thinking of buying is more than a year old. So:
    - does anyone know if Kemper will provide free support after a year for the units in the case of hardware failures?
    - has anyone got any experience of hardware failures after a year?
    - is there a way of telling if the unit I'm thinking of buying is within a batch that is more prone to failure?

Thanks!

Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

check the Kemper site online store for warranty information. The Profiler is covered with a 36 months warranty fom the original purchase date. To be safe contact Kemper support if second hand units are covered too.

Helge

• Hi Stephen,

check the Kemper site online store for warranty information. The Profiler is covered with a 36 months warranty fom the original purchase date. To be safe contact Kemper support if second hand units are covered too.

Helge

They have told me they come with a 2 year warranty.

• Quote, http://www.kemper-amps.com/terms

General Terms and Conditions of Business
    § 11 Producer Guarantee

In addition to warranty services prescribed by law, Kemper provides a 36-month guarantee defined by the following regulations:

1. Kemper provides a guarantee for a period of 36 months beginning with
    the first sale or date of delivery to the end consumer for all damages
    caused by a material deficiency or manufacturing error.

End of Quote

Can somebody from mothership please chime in to clarify and explain what conditions are applicable for second hand units?

• The units with faulty LEDs belong to a specific (small, according to Kemper) production batch. Hard to say which unit belong to that tho, but they were made in 2012.

As for warranty, it has to be read as a supplementary service where applicable.
    Read ot as "if seller's warranty time has expired (both because of national rules or store policy), Kemper will extend it up to 36 months". Of course you shall send the unit to Mothership.

As for secon-hand units, as long as the ticket or the invoice are kept, it doesn't matter how many owners they pass through.

HTH :)

• The store warranty is for the store to handle the warranty end for you. So if a store says 1 or 2 years, they will handle the exchange, you deal with the store.

The Kemper warranty is for 3 years, so if the store runs out at 2, the Kemper picks up the last (3rd) year with shipping directly to them.

I'm sure you could ship directly to them anyways.

I would choose that option unless you are still in your 45 day money back guarantee, in which case I'd ask the store to replace the unit. Most stores say 30, but perhaps they'd honor Kemper's 45 day if you ask them.

Sweetwater, while I've not liked them much, sometimes will stretch a return date (so they claim) and might in this instance since it's backed by the company. But don't hold me to that. I've had hassle's returning to Sweetwater, the "No Hassle" company.