Active Speaker for Kemper, what is your opinion

• Hello!

I am sure this was probably already asked before but I have been looking at some active speakers for my non-powered Kemper rack. I kinda got hooked on the QSC K10. I'll be using it as monitor wedge (1 speaker). I also have a guitar cab set up Kemper-> Rocktron Velocity 100-> Bogner 2x12 extended cab but would like to try something more neutral in sound where I can really hear the qualities of the cab simulation etc... What are you using and what is your favorite speaker and sound.

Any advice and opinion is appreciated.

Thanks!

• I have my Kemper rack coming in next week. I'm going to try the Line 6 Stagesource and see how that works with it. A friend was using this with his Axe FXII and it sounded fabulous.

I've tried contacting Atomic several times about a CLR but no one has gotten back to me for 2 weeks so I'm just going to write them off. They obviously don't need my business. :wacko:

There are plenty of good solutions out there but I would suggest buying from somewhere you can return the product in case it doesn't meet your standards.

Good luck with your choice!

:)

• More expensive but the Atomic CLR is incredible and for a few $ more they have lightweight NEO version. I love mine ,but agree with Ingolf Yamaha DXR 10 is excellent alternative. And yes look at the existing threads on the subject

• I've tried contacting Atomic several times about a CLR but no one has gotten back to me for 2 weeks so I'm just going to write them off. They obviously don't need my business.

Keep trying. It took me a couple of attempts before I got Tom King's attention. I ordered my active CLR wedge in late Oct and received the email letting me know they were available for purchase on Jan 1. There is a waiting list for this product because it is a damn good product. I am loving mine. It's a perfect match for the Kemper IMHO.

Given the money involved, you'd do well to audition the monitors live if you possibly can. In my case, I couldn't see passing on what I considered to be the best for a few hundred dollars and I have been amply rewarded.

• Yeah, Tom is a great guy. He certainly didn't by any means underestimate your request. Hold on, it is definitely worth some emails... and the wait (EU customers are luckier, there' no waiting list for the Classic).

• Ok, thanks for the input!

So far we got:

-Yamaha
    -Atomic
    -QSC

...any more suggestions perhaps? This will be just for monitoring, the signal itself will go to FOH for live or when I am in my studio without running it through my recording rig for practice purposes. As I had stated, I do have a Rocktron V100 power amp to run my Bogner 2x13 cab but would really prefer a more dedicated and true setup as I feel that the cab and power amp take the feel of the Kemper a bit away...

• In previous threads, Yamaha, Atomic and QSC have been the most suggested options. They are small, powerful, and sound great. They don't get washed out by the other instruments onstage, and FEEL just like a responsive amp.

There are many other good possibilities - any accurate high powered speaker is a viable option. But, the Yamaha and QSC are both readily available, and easy to hear, if you are close enough to a mainstream music store.