Audio interface

• If I get you right you want to record the profiled signal and a DI one. If that's the case ANY interface with an spdif connection (in and out) will do the job. Also the tascam one. Hope that helped you. If you really just need the spdif connection don't spend more money on an interface than necessary. :)

When recording, you connect the guitar in the Kemper, then the 1/4" or XLR main out in the interface (stereo= 2 inputs) and the direct out of the kemper must be connected to input 3 of the interface to record the dry signal.
    If taking the direct signal would be possible via S/PDIF in stead of the monitor out of the Kemper, then you have enough with 2 inputs on the interface...

When reamping, you connect the S/PDIF out of the interface to the S/PDIF in on the Kemper, and the 1/4" or XLR main out of the Kemper in the interface (2 inputs on the interface.)

When recording the guitar signal in mono, you have enough with 2 inputs on the interface, but some effects wil not sound as nice as in stereo...
    Of course you can add stereo effects when reamping...
    The point is that on my Tascam US122MK2 is no S/PDIF. So I think it would be a good idea to buy another interface with S/PDIF and at least 4 inputs...

One thing I'm very curious about is that, when reamping, the latency will not be to much...

Edited 2 times, last by krikke ().