[FR] Various requests

• Kudos to the Kemper team for releasing a very useful tool. It has truly made it much faster and more enjoyable to audition rigs.

After having spent the weekend using RM, here is my initial list of feature requests.

• More flexible search/filter options. Perhaps 2-3 Search boxes so you can filter the list by several criteria (amp, cabinet, etc.)
    • Keyboard shortcut to send current rig to the KPA. Prevents you from having to drag&drop and lose your place in the list.
    • In addition to Favorites, provide a more flexible rig rating system (1-5 stars).
    • Show Rig Exchange ratings, and allow you to rate rigs that have been previewed.
    • Command to search for duplicate rigs across all folders (duplicate settings, not necessarily duplicate names), and offer to delete (Choose to keep newest or oldest).
    • Option to merge mounted backups, and automatically remove duplicates.
    • Quick way to expand/collapse all folders.
    • Allow columns to be rearranged via drag&drop.
    • Rearrange folders in Locations (drag a folder into another folder, drag a subfolder up to the root level, etc.)
    • Global option to sort all locations or current location folder when clicking on column headers.
    • Show which effects are used in each rig, and support filtering by types of effects. Perhaps a separate column for each effect slot?
    • In the Locations context menu, add a Open Folder Location command to open the folder location in Windows Explorer (%AppData%\Kemper Amps\RigManager\<folder name>). This would make it easier to find files for backup purposes. Or better yet, provide File > Archive/Restore functions for the entire RM archive.
    • Support for Performances (rename, drag rigs to performance slots)
    • When All Rigs is selected and you select a rig in the list, show some kind of indicator (color, asterisk, etc.) in the Locations section to show which folder the rig lives in.
    • Allow the list to be zoomed (a la MS Excel). Makes it easier to read if you're not sitting right next to the monitor.
    • Keyboard shortcut to tag/toggle the selected rig(s) as Favorite.
    • [Bug?} Navigate folder pane with arrow keys. Currently only works for the next/previous folder. Subsequent key presses puts focus in the Inspector.

Looking forward to seeing RM evolve.

• Since the similar thread I started quickly vanished into the depths of the FR forum, I might as well repost what I did collect here:

• Manage Performance Mode slots, renaming, etc. Being able to store performance banks on your computer and then drag/drop them to the Kemper as needed would be really cool.

• Handle Kemper OS updates and other downloads through the Rig Manager.

• Add a user rating system, separate from the Rig Exchange ratings, so you can see at a glance how much you liked a profile the last time you played it.

• Allow column drag & drop reordering.

• Allow multi-key jump, i.e. start typing in a name and it should jump to that name rather than just using a single letter. This is different from the search filter.

• Show/Highlight the active rig on the Kemper (and add a * next to it's name if it's been edited and is different from the local offline version.

• Duplicate command. Should just duplicate the rig with an incremented number after the name.

• Show which rigs are currently uploaded on the Kemper from within the "Local Library" folder (and maybe even Rig Exchange), ideally give them a checkbox that you can uncheck to unload them.

• Detection of profiling mode. Create a special "Current Profile" rig that's selected when the profiler enters profiling mode so you can use the Rig Manager's Inspector to enter the rig name etc without having to use the Kemper front panel controls. Ideally allowing you to store a copy at the current state from the rig manager, so you could then continue to refine and save out more variations at different refining levels.

• Let Rig Manager handle importing of cab and effect presets, and/or work with CabMaker for importing IRs.

• Import the complete structure when adding rigs that the user has already organized into folders.

• Some kind of VST integration would be really cool - just something you could put on a guitar track and have it communicate with Rig Manager, so you can store the rig you were using in the project and recall it to your Kemper via the RM at the click of a button.
  • I don't know where else to put this, so here's a RM feature request:

Arrange MIDI PrgChg# with two methods:

1. An "arrangeable" ordered MIDI PrgChg# list (i.e. a list in which the items can be moved by dragging or up, down, top, bottom buttons)
    2. Add a MIDI PrgChg field to the Rig Inspector Tab. Insert by shifting out, or a smarter shuffling algorithm.

• I don't know where else to put this, so here's a RM feature request:

Arrange MIDI PrgChg# with two methods:

1. An "arrangeable" ordered MIDI PrgChg# list (i.e. a list in which the items can be moved by dragging or up, down, top, bottom buttons)
    2. Add a MIDI PrgChg field to the Rig Inspector Tab. Insert by shifting out, or a smarter shuffling algorithm.

Yes at least pull the midi program# info into rig manager

• 12. In the Locations context menu, add a Open Folder Location command to open the folder location in Windows Explorer (%AppData%\Kemper Amps\RigManager\<folder name>). This would make it easier to find files for backup purposes.

Hi MassGuitar,

I mostly agree with your points, apart from point #12.
    I hope this will never be added (and I doubt it will) for 2 reasons.

1. Even though most computer literate people will know this place, it's still a hidden place (hidden folder) where users with little computer experience shouldn't mess around.
    2. A direct link to this folder from the RigManager's UI would likely mean that RigManager is still running while you look at this folder. When you backup the *.db files with RigManager still running then you risk data loss, because the db files are updated when you stutdown RigManager. ;)

Cheers,
    Martin

• I mostly agree with your points, apart from point #12.

I can appreciate your view on this. The main reason for the request is to make it easier to back up the entire RM archive. For example, I want to store a copy of the RM archive on my KPA flash drive, so it's easily accessible when traveling without my main computer. This would make it easy to install RM and my personal archive in any studio. This is also useful if you buy a new computer and need to bring over the RM archive.

But I think here is a better way of handling this without navigating to the hidden folder. Instead, RM could have archive/restore functions. Archive would simply export the entire current archive into a single file wherever you specify (include the timestamp in the file name), and Restore would load an exported archive (perhaps with the option to replace of merge with the current archive.

• But I think here is a better way of handling this without navigating to the hidden folder. Instead, RM could have archive/restore functions. Archive would simply export the entire current archive into a single file wherever you specify (include the timestamp in the file name), and Restore would load an exported archive (perhaps with the option to replace of merge with the current archive.

import and export does that. it is not a single file but you would get what you need.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Right, but you lose your folder structure then because Export puts everything into a single folder. The goal is to have an identical backup of the current archive.

use tags instead of folders and you will not have this issue. i know that sounds a bit smart ass but that's what tags are for. on top, you will benefit from tagging once you transfer your rigs to the profiler as well.
    best, gs

• use tags instead of folders and you will not have this issue.

I agree and I would love to use tags instead of folders, but both RM and the KPA need to make it easier to find and sort by custom tags. As a good example, it would be great to use GMail "Labels" as a model. You can quickly and easily apply multiple labels, and all labels automatically appear as "folders" in the navigation pane. It is currently too cumbersome to type text in the Search box to filter by tags. Tagging and filtering can be very powerful as long as the UI is convenient and intuitive.

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work.

• I agree and I would love to use tags instead of folders, but both RM and the KPA need to make it easier to find and sort by custom tags. As a good example, it would be great to use GMail "Labels" as a model. You can quickly and easily apply multiple labels, and all labels automatically appear as "folders" in the navigation pane. It is currently too cumbersome to type text in the Search box to filter by tags. Tagging and filtering can be very powerful as long as the UI is convenient and intuitive.

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work.

i agree and we will think about making this easier.
    gs

• Yes at least pull the midi program# info into rig manager

Y E S !!!!

Managing all MIDI issues! I would like to create folders for Songs within Performances and I would lik to build up folders with general rigs and for these rigs I would like to reorganize the sequence (sort criteria) and then I would like to assine the MIDI "numbers" to each rig easily by editing the column MIDI PrgChg# with the related Midi number...

Y E S !!!

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)