TheAmpFactory "Studio Mosters + Devils now released

• lmao sinmix - gotta love Trailer Park Boys.

I just wanted to chime in and say the Invader Lead 7 profile is probably my favorite profile I've ever played on my KPA, and you really don't want to know how extensive my profile collection is. I put Comp -> Screamer -> EQ -> Gate in the stomp section and the 7/8 string rhythm tone is just exactly what I've always wanted. It is TEH BROOTZ

Also, I spent a good bit of time working on my 8 string last night. I had it professionally setup, but apparently that was for crap. It needed more neck relief, and I raised the action a tad too. That resolved a lot of the nastiness I got on my attack for lead playing across the whole fretboard. Some amps have a bit more sag and are more forgiving when it comes to fret buzz, but not these ENGL's - it sounds like absolute crap (hey it matches my technique!!!). So now I can get a good lead tone from the Invader, although it's still not as sweet as the Powerball or as fat as the Fireball. But that doesn't mean it's bad - it's got a strong mid-focus and good emphasis on attack - can get a very awesome, "hollow" type sound with the neck pickup that I love. It even sounds OK if I leave the Screamer on - it's shrill and thin but not crackly or gross.

Gonna post a clip soon, but it pretty much sounds 95% similar to Periphery I, which is probably my favorite rhythm tone.

• I tried to purchase the "Studio Devils"-bundle, but the loyal code doesn't work though I typed it in manually (instead of just pasting it) to avoid having control characters in the string. I have already contacted Andy and received a different loyal code from him but it didn't work either. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

• I tried to purchase the "Studio Devils"-bundle, but the loyal code doesn't work though I typed it in manually (instead of just pasting it) to avoid having control characters in the string. I have already contacted Andy and received a different loyal code from him but it didn't work either. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Hi,

yes had the same issues. Best is, if you login first, then readd the bundle to the Cart and then using the loyality code.
    Somehow it cleans your Cart when you do a login and the code does not work then.

• I've bought some specific profiles in the past. Received an email that there were new profiles available, but did not receive a code. Maybe you have to buy full bundles? Not sure. Bought the Dirty Shirley.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• - My favourites are Friedman and Tungston,
    The Friedman is incredible warm, versatile and authentic, one of the best profiles I heard and already one of my favourites. And if you use the Tungston's "TUNG-Full" profile, ZZ Top's "La Grange" and "Tush" are just around the corner..... ;)

Thanks for the tip Guenter, it was spot on. Two of the best profiles available imo, cheers. You were right about La Grange..... :)

• This is a loyality code. So I expect you should have gotten one if you have ever bought a profile of the amp factory.

I think I have almost a dozen of profiles but I was just curious in case I overlooked something ;) Will wait for the next sale anyway and then get me probably the ENGL pack ... easter is coming ;)

The demos sound great!

• Thanks for the tip Guenter, it was spot on. Two of the best profiles available imo, cheers. You were right about La Grange..... :)

You're welcome ;) The DirtyShirly is awesome and the Tungston's "La Grange"-profile, too.

You really have to sort out from many profiles and find the right ones. From Armin I really like the Plexi E, Diezel VH-4, Bogner Goldfinger and '57 Fender Deluxe, just to give a few examples. Andy's Fentastic-Pack is fantastic (Fender Toolkit, too) and also '59 Bassman, '62 Bassman, Cornford Carrera, Tungston, DirtyShirly, ManRock 800 and more.

There are also some great free profiles like the "famous" Morgan AC20 (rmpacheco), Vox AC30 HW (Reznor), GOND MS043 (Gondwana), THD 3 Brown (HAYS) and Mark V (Bjorn Gottfridsson).

And some new commercial sellers with excellent profiles, a few examples: 6505 RED + TS (ToneVision), '64 Bandmaster (VSP) and of course Till's Chimera-pack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de