Line 6 AMPLIFi 150 with Kemper? Anyone?

• I recently come across this product, of cos what im more interested is the Full range speakers and their 12" celestion low frequency speaker ... Just wonder any Kemper user ever try pluging in Kemper into this? And how does it sound like?

Unfortunately the country Im in does not have both Kemper and Line 6 selling at the same store which I can try it...

• GAS ?!! ^^

Well, certainly not for the underlying modeling technology.
    I will say though that this is a genius move by Line 6 bringing such a convenient all- in- one solution to the table.
    Provided it sounds good they have a clear winner here.
    And I can see myself using this a lot, amplifying my Kemper in one or two rehearsal spaces, as a sound system and convenience guitar rig in my living room, etc.

• As I said in another thread, Amplifi is fake stereo so I doubt that it will be possible to translate this feature using an external device like the KPA. You will probably have to use it in mono in this case. Still interesting but important to know.

• As I said in another thread, Amplifi is fake stereo so I doubt that it will be possible to translate this feature using an external device like the KPA. You will probably have to use it in mono in this case. Still interesting but important to know.

Hmm I don't know why it should be fake stereo?
    According to my dealer it is true stereo with a stereo input, stereo poweramp etc.
    Please elaborate.

• Hmm I don't know why it should be fake stereo?
    According to my dealer it is true stereo with a stereo input, stereo poweramp etc.
    Please elaborate.

Maybe I'm wrong Ingolf but what I understand from the spec sheet is that there is a 1/8 stereo input for aux and one 1/4 mono input. There are wet/dry stereo fx which is not thru stereo at my knowledge.

I would happy if I'm wrong thought! :)

Edited once, last by Pick909 ().

• The 150 is still not available in Germany, takes approx. 10 more days.
    I have one on order and will post here of course. ;)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Cool ... Appreciate if you could give us a review after you received your order.

Nothing much been mentioned in the specs on the 1/4" if they can accept both balanced (TRS) and un-balanced input... Ingolf, it will be great if you could also share how you connect your KPA into this.. Thanks in advance

• Maybe I'm wrong Ingolf but what I understand from the spec sheet is that there is a 1/8 stereo input for aux and one 1/4 mono input. There are wet/dry stereo fx which is not thru stereo at my knowledge.

I would happy if I'm wrong thought! :)

Pick, when you have a stereo aux in it means that the unit is able to process a stereo signal like any stereo consumer device.
    It has as stereo poweramp.
    The 'tricky' thing is the Line 6 processing which seems to use the 12" speaker for the main guitar tone and the 4 remaining middle and high frequencies speakers for aux Signals and FX portions.

Of course the Kemper doesn't need Line 6 processing so it would have to go in the stereo aux in.
    We'll see how it sounds then.
    I imagine if it's capable of reproducing a strong bass heavy stereo full range signal it will amplify the Kemper fine.
    I also think that the aux signal makes use of the 12" as well.

As I said, it's a very interesting product. ;)

• Pick, when you have a stereo aux in it means that the unit is able to process a stereo signal like any stereo consumer device.
    It has as stereo poweramp.

Ingolf, I have a stereo input on each of my DXR10s even if they are mono as long as you don't use them in a pair. But while I hear you about the two mid and high frequencies drivers, the solo 12' speaker question me... It still possible that the result will be impressing thought, and I look forward for your impression/review about this new product! :)

• Ingolf, I have a stereo input on each of my DXR10s even if they are mono as long as you don't use them in a pair. But while I hear you about the two mid and high frequencies drivers, the solo 12' speaker question me... It still possible that the result will be impressing thought, and I look forward for your impression/review about this new product! :)

Pick, the stereo input in the DXR is for slaving thru to another (DXR) to get full stereo.
    In the case of the Amplifi I imagine the 12" could serve as a kind of sub-woofer which can be mono because it doesn't matter (actually this is quite common practice).
    If all goes well I should have the unit mid week. ;)

• Pick, the stereo input in the DXR is for slaving thru to another (DXR) to get full stereo.
    In the case of the Amplifi I imagine the 12" could serve as a kind of sub-woofer which can be mono because it doesn't matter (actually this is quite common practice).

So you're thinking that it's along the same lines as a wet/dry/wet setup, sort of? If it is, that would be pretty cool.

• You're most probably right since Line 6 wrote on their website:

Pick, the stereo input in the DXR is for slaving thru to another (DXR) to get full stereo.

You're most probably right Ingolf because I just read on the Line 6 website this:

"The built-in full-range speakers deliver amazing sound, while the custom guitar speaker functions as a thumping subwoofer. The AMPLIFi speaker design delivers the exceptional audio playback that you’d expect from a high-end stereo system."

• So you're thinking that it's along the same lines as a wet/dry/wet setup, sort of? If it is, that would be pretty cool.

I think that if you use the stock FXs it is possible to get a wet/dry/wet feature where the 12" driver produce the dry signal. Hard to say if it will be possible to translate from an external device thought...

• I think that if you use the stock FXs it is possible to get a wet/dry/wet feature where the 12" driver produce the dry signal. Hard to say if it will be possible to translate from an external device thought...

In the Amplifi (i-phone) module, I have noticed there's a way to by-pass the amp & cab (aka Line 6 processing) even when connecting directly thur the 1/4" input .. Not sure how much it will coloured the sound if KPA is routed thur this input.. This is another possibility to get the wet/dry/wet feature, perhaps is to use the Line 6 delay or reverb only.

If the connection is via 1/8", it seems like it may defeat the blending volume feature since it suppose to "mix" the 1/4" input with bluetoothe audio play back.. of cos, we can still get a good "mix" or blend by controlling the volume directly of the individual equipment used.

Ingolf, when you received your product you may try on different input and see which delivers the best sounding ... Awaiting your findings :thumbup: