Trouble with my first profile

• I was trying to profile my amp, got it all connected guitar -> Kemper - Direct out -> amp input ->Mic xlr'd back to kemper return in. When I switch to profiler and select Kemper it sounds awesome, when I select reference amp I hear the signal and this static sound coming on top of it which gets worse as the volume increase. Tried a couple of times to do the profile but it sounded terrible. Am I missing a setting some place?

Andrew

• I was trying to profile my amp, got it all connected guitar -> Kemper - Direct out -> amp input ->Mic xlr'd back to kemper return in. When I switch to profiler and select Kemper it sounds awesome, when I select reference amp I hear the signal and this static sound coming on top of it which gets worse as the volume increase. Tried a couple of times to do the profile but it sounded terrible. Am I missing a setting some place?

Andrew

Bad cable maybe?

• try to profile just a simple cable to find out if the problem is related to the Profiler. You should get a crystal clear result.

• if profiling a cable gave you a clean result the profiler is working ok. the source of your problem probably lies elsewhere in the chain. Its either the mic or the reference amp.

• I didn't but I tested with another amp and I didn't seem to have that problem. Like I said, when I selected the Kemper which takes the signal from the guitar through the KPA and into the reference amp, out the speaker, in the mic and into the KPA it doesn't do it. But as soon as I select the reference amp option on the profiler, it sounds like a tv set to the snow channel.

• Like I said, when I selected the Kemper which takes the signal from the guitar through the KPA and into the reference amp, out the speaker, in the mic and into the KPA it doesn't do it. But as soon as I select the reference amp option on the profiler, it sounds like a tv set to the snow channel.

'Kemper Amp' plays the profile when A/B-ing, or before profiling the last selected profile.
    'Reference' plays the Profiler -> Amp -> Cab -> Mic signal chain. ;)

any chance to patch 'Send' to the XLR Return with just a cable?
    anyway, I think it's a good idea to contact support.