can you profile a synth?

• Perhaps a stupid question, but is it possible to profile a synthesizer with the Kemper to get some guitarsynth tones, or doesn't it change the sound, like it doesn't matter wich guitar you use.
    The amp stays the same :?:

• a synthesizer doesn't process a signal like an amp does, it is a sound generator.

some so called guitar synths aren't technically synths, but they process the signal in a way that a synth-like tone is produced.
    the Profiler has very powerful sound shaping tools that allow you to bend your guitar signal into something synthlike.

volume envelope driven filters, a ringmodulator, frequency shifter and the Analog Octaver come to mind.
    combine this with volume swells, be creative and have fun.

• After years of chasing a synth tone with guitar with everything you can imagine, my 2c:
    If you want synths, use a real synth. You'll be much happier you did. Something like the FabFilter Twin 2 costs you less than a synth fx pedal and sounds worlds better.

Agree with this but would also add you could check out something like the Fishman Triple play 'midi pickup'. I've had some fun playing some of my synth sounds on guitar recently with this.

But be warned... At one point recently I amused myself playing piano sounds on guitar then playing over that with a guitar lead sound on my keyboard. After a few minutes of this malarkey I sat bolt upright, stared straight ahead and said out loud, "What am I doing???" I retreated out of my studio and spoke of this to no one...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Agree with this but would also add you could check out something like the Fishman Triple play 'midi pickup'. I've had some fun playing some of my synth sounds on guitar recently with this.

there is also this surprisingly good software solution to convert a standard guitar signal into MIDI http://jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar/

But be warned... At one point recently I amused myself playing piano sounds on guitar then playing over that with a guitar lead sound on my keyboard. After a few minutes of this malarkey I sat bolt upright, stared straight ahead and said out loud, "What am I doing???" I retreated out of my studio and spoke of this to no one...

haha :D

• since I haven't even profiled anything, i'll see what happens when I profile my synth patch on my pod hd, but i'm pretty sure it isn't even going to make a profile, let alone anything like what the synth patch actually sounds like. if you have heard the profiling test tone, there's no way the pod HD tracks nearly fast enough - i have to play VERY clean and slowly to get it to track my guitar playing!

• a synthesizer doesn't process a signal like an amp does, it is a sound generator.

some so called guitar synths aren't technically synths, but they process the signal in a way that a synth-like tone is produced.
    the Profiler has very powerful sound shaping tools that allow you to bend your guitar signal into something synthlike.

volume envelope driven filters, a ringmodulator, frequency shifter and the Analog Octaver come to mind.
    combine this with volume swells, be creative and have fun.

+1

Here are some on the Rig Exchange that use the effects for synthy sounds:

Ensemble Synth pault
    Muff Moog 2+ paults
    TouchLayerSyn 1 paul
    BassMoogTouch paults
    VowelCelloDooSynth
    VoxContinOrg paults
    RockBeeThreeSlow pau
    RockBeeThreeFast pau

You can hear examples of some of them here:

Soundcloud Playlist

• I tried profiling my Pigtronix Mothership yesterday, on vco square wave . Didn't work, the KPA said the amp was too distorted (or whatever that error message says). Would be cool to be able to do this in the future!