Troubleshooting Monitor Out

• Hi folks, me and my new Kemper have only been together for about a week now, and though I'm deeply enamored, I cannot get any sound out of the Monitor Output jack and I'm hoping someone here can help lead me through some troubleshooting routines. I have no problem listening through the Headphone jack nor do I have any trouble hearing everything when connected to my Mac/Focusrite interface via XLR left/right Main Output. I've been finagling with the Monitor Out Link on/off setting and it's associated volume setting in the Master/Output screens but still can't get any sound out of the Monitor Ouput. I have no trouble when using the Direct Output/Send jack. Could it be that my Monitor Output jack is just physically dead? I am betting it's just me not catching a silly setting somewhere instead. Any advice on figuring this out? Thanks so much in advance! I LOVE my Kemper!!! Cheers, Cliff in Philly

• Thank you for responding HELL-G. My Monitor Output was/is set to Master Mono :(
    If it matters, on that same screen, my Main Output=Master Stereo, Direct Output=Master Mono, SPDIF Output=Master Stereo.
    Can you think of anything else I should try?
    Much appreciated, Cliff

• Which device do you connect the Monitor out to? Have you checked the cable? Is the receiving input set properly (routing/gain)? Is the Monitor Out level on the Profiler turned up?
    Try to connect the Monitor out to one of the inputs of your interface that work with Main Output. If this fails i'd open a support ticket as the physical output could be defective. Good luck!

• Thank you HELL-G, Ingolf and Gizmo for your incisive responses!
    - The device I am connecting to is the "Input" jack of my Marshall MG15MSII head Clean channel. From the Kemper "Monitor Output" jack, into this Input jack, I am connecting a standard 1/4" guitar/patch cable. When I do, there is NO sound/signal. When I connect my guitar directly to this Marshall Input jack, using this 1/4" cable, I get sound/signal. When I connect my guitar directly to my Focusrite interface, using this 1/4" cable, I get sound/signal. When I connect my Kemper "Monitor Output" to my Focusrite interface, using this 1/4" cable, I get NO sound/signal. The Monitor Volume, on page 2 of the Master/Output screens, is set to -0.0dB (turned all the way up/clockwise). The Main Volume on page 2 of the Master/Output screens is set to -10.6dB, or a little more than halfway right/clockwise, and there are checked checkboxes on this page for Main Out Link, Monitor Out Link and Headphone Link.

I feel like I am missing something really basic somewhere, but at the same time, running out of troubleshooting options. Though I'd prefer not to, a System Reset is seeming more likely: How to reset your Kemper to factory defaults (I solved all my problems) PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES

Remaining ideas?

Thank you all again in advance!

Cliff

• It has been stressed by a number of users, that a flash init might be necessary to cure a malfunction, but this is a bad advice.
    The flash init will necessarily include the 'System Init', that is resetting the global parameters, without erasing any content.
    The flash init - by default - does not help fixing a malfunction that affects the sound engine.

You can perform the System Init by holding the System button while powering up your profiler. This should fix your problem.

• Success! Thank you ckemper!!! The system init, by holding the System button during bootup, fixed it. Now I get a beautiful signal out of my Monitor Output. So very much appreciated, all of you, for your help with this.