Possible bug in 2.3.3?

• Pardon me if I upset somebody, but I noticed a strange thing with my KPA. I attach a link to a sound cloud clip to illustrate. Here's what happens:

I'm in browse mode, testing a new Friedman profile. In order to compare with an existing profile that I use, I switch to perform mode and listen to my Friedman profile there. Then I switch back to the first Friedman profile I'm testing in browse mode, and all of a sudden, this profile sounds amazingly anaemic and lifeless. Still in browse mode, I turn the browse dial to a different profile and then back again to the Friedman, and this seems to reset what's wrong -- everything sounds normal again.

In the following sound clip I recreate the operation: Clip 1 = the Friedman I'm testing in browse mode; then I switch to perform mode and back, clip 2 = the Friedman after returning from perform mode, dull and lifeless; clip 3 = the Friedman after resetting it by browsing to a different profile and back, in browse mode.

What's this?

https://soundcloud.com/arneolav-1/possible-bug

• When I go from browse to perform and back = sound is muffled, and I haven't touched any parameters or stored anything. Going to a different profile and back un-muffles the sound, but still I haven't touched any parameters or stored anything.

There's a post further down here about 2.3 muffling the sound that describes the exact same problem as I have.

When I go from browse to perform and back = sound is muffled, and I haven't touched any parameters or stored anything. Going to a different profile and back un-muffles the sound, but still I haven't touched any parameters or stored anything.

There's a post further down here about 2.3 muffling the sound that describes the exact same problem as I have.

This problem was fixed in the last public beta release

I will give this a try and see what mine sounds like swapping from browse and performance modes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks a lot
    Yeah, seems solved there, but in my case it appeared with 2.3.3, or at least so I think. (I see another user that claims this wasn't fixed in 233 in the thread below...) Been using my kpa extensively, but haven't noticed this until after upgrading to 233.

• Yeah, seems solved there, but in my case it appeared with 2.3.3, or at least so I think. (I see another user that claims this wasn't fixed in 233 in the thread below...) Been using my kpa extensively, but haven't noticed this until after upgrading to 233.

You could open a support ticket and attach a backup of your Profiler. This way, it could be analyzed.
    But I am pretty sure, you should check about the lockings and copy the INPUT section over to Performance Mode.

• You could open a support ticket and attach a backup of your Profiler. This way, it could be analyzed.
    But I am pretty sure, you should check about the lockings and copy the INPUT section over to Performance Mode.

I will do immediately. But let me be sure I have it correct: your theory is that it's different input levels making for the difference? Wouldn't it still be a bug, given the scenario I described?

And thanks for replying ;)

• No... Input settings seems to be out of the question.

The issue is still there: muffled sounds when I change from Browse Mode to Perform Mode and vice versa. The muffled sound goes away by changing patches horizontally, that is, when I'm in browse mode, I change to a new profile and back again while still being in browse mode etc. Same with perform mode.

That means I can still use the KPA as I only change between performances and slots within performances.

But I still think it should be resolved, as there must be something fishy somewhere.