How to profile an AXE FX II w/o a Mic?

• Hello all,

I am a newbie when it comes to the Kemper Profiler. Anyhow, I want to profile a couple of my favorite presets that I made with the Axe FX II before I ship it off.

I do not possess a good mic to capture the sound.

If anyone knows of a video or how to with a step-by-step walk through.... that would be soooo awesome.

Thank you in advance,
    Layne

• I did see the thread in "Tips & Tricks" about this.... but I am such a newb.... I need a walk through because I have never even profiled or tone matched anything...even when I had the Axe FX II.

I am fairly new to modelers/profilers.... I am used to the old school amps.... Hahaha!

I have about 10 presets I want to profile.

Thanks,
    Layne

• since it is a modeler, just think of it as amp, cab and mic in a box.

first, I'd disable all effects, so that you just have the amp model and speaker sim active.

then just connect as described in the manual.
    short version: guitar -> Profiler -> Profiler's Send -> modeler In -> modeler Out -> Profiler's return

• Yeah it is super easy! Make sure the noise gate is off also.
    Only problem I had is that with the noise gate off some patches would be too noisy to profile that had a drive pedal (one of my pet hates with the axe-fx was the only way to get the gain levels I wanted I'd have to use a drive pedal, and with amps in real life never had that problem hence mimic not being accurate)

What I do in the above case is turn the drive down or removing it and then adding one on the kemper

The great thing is in my experience it will have less noise than the axe-fx and now you don't have the fan noise either!

• The output of the reference amp can be monitored through the outputs of the PROFILER. This way, you can switch between listening to the original reference amp signal and the profiled version using the soft buttons in the profiling mode. In fact, we recommend that in order to avoid any confusion between what you are hearing and what the PROFILER is profiling, the reference amp should only be monitored using the PROFILER.

Evaluating the Profile
    Once the Profiling procedure has ended, you can make the first A/B comparisons between your reference amp and the new profile. Use the soft buttons to switch between the reference amp and the PROFILER/ profile

A/B comparison to “Kemper amp”, and the to “Reference Amp”

• Thanks for your response Paults but I'm still having problems hearing the AXE as a reference amp. I have it set up the way Layne81 has his setup a couple posts up above. I tried various soft buttons and the output menu pages for volume. What specifically should I be doing to control volume? Sorry in guitarded

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• The output of the reference amp can be monitored through the outputs of the PROFILER. This way, you can switch between listening to the original reference amp signal and the profiled version using the soft buttons in the profiling mode. In fact, we recommend that in order to avoid any confusion between what you are hearing and what the PROFILER is profiling, the reference amp should only be monitored using the PROFILER.

Evaluating the Profile
    Once the Profiling procedure has ended, you can make the first A/B comparisons between your reference amp and the new profile. Use the soft buttons to switch between the reference amp and the PROFILER/ profile

A/B comparison to “Kemper amp”, and the to “Reference Amp”

But what if your reference amp is in the same room?!

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack