Through Zero Flanging

• I love my KPA's, and over the last year or so I've managed to find a good enough setting to be able to remove another pedal from the board. I doubt I'll ever be able to do without my Octavio effect as I've never heard a good digital reproduction, and it is an effect that can't be profiled, but I've heard other digital units with a good FoxRox Paradox TZF type effect. I can't get close myself on the KPA.

Anybody have any ideas, good starting point? Tried profiling it with a twin but it was as bad as the profile of my Octavio.

Btw,..For A great example of a TZF type flange , check out the beginning of"House Burning Down" and a few other tracks on Electric Ladyland. Alan Douglas, and Jimi used 2 Analog tape decks there, but a Foxxrox TZF can get that exact sound.

• I doubt I'll ever be able to do without my Octavio effect as I've never heard a good digital reproduction

really?
    I have an Octavio, a Tonemachine, a Voodoo Octave, Scrambler, French Toast and probably more fuzzes with the octave up effect (either fixed or switchable)
    and I absolutely love the sound & flexibility of having the octave up (Recti Shaper) effect available seperately.

some of these pedals have crazy hot outputs - so you might have to use a high volume setting of a dirt stomp to push the profile, thereby creating the proper response.

• I actually use the Malekko Helium and Chaos pedals lately as my Tychobra needs to have rust in cavity repaired, but each time I tried profing either effect along with an older Twin, the basic sputtering fuzz was captured, but that Octave effect was basically in noticeable.

I looked for public/ professional profiles with an Octavia type effect, and when I couldn't find any, assumed is one of those things that is "unprofitable". I obviously haven't looked hard enough. I'll rut around in the profiles next weekend and see if anyone has uploaded since my last search.

Thanks for the feedback.

• I actually use the Malekko Helium and Chaos pedals lately as my Tychobra needs to have rust in cavity repaired, but each time I tried profing either effect along with an older Twin, the basic sputtering fuzz was captured, but that Octave effect was basically in noticeable.

I looked for public/ professional profiles with an Octavia type effect, and when I couldn't find any, assumed is one of those things that is "unprofitable". I obviously haven't looked hard enough. I'll rut around in the profiles next weekend and see if anyone has uploaded since my last search.

Thanks for the feedback.

no, you're right, I misunderstood - the fuzz is captured, but the octave up effect you have to add 'by hand' - add the Recti Shaper stomp and dial in the strength of the octave effect as desired.