Has anyone tested EZ Drummer 2 yet?

• Just got off the phone with Sweetwater.

They told me that we SHOULD be able to use our own MIDI with the TAP Search function. You need to import and have it indexed within the "User MIDI" section.

This is separate from the Browser area "My MIDI" where your third party midi shows up.

EZdrummer has a folder for "User MIDI". I don't know if you can just drag and drop your MIDI folders into that folder yet, or if you have to import them into the running box of EZdrumemrs 'User Midi" box, but that's WHERE it needs to go, to be indexed, supposedly.

So Toontrack is saying the Sweetwater we CAN use our own MIDI, if it's put into the right place. I won't be able to try it until later tonight at the earliest.

But just wanted to bring the good news, if it's true!

• [quote='Gary_W','index.php?page=Thread&postID=145952#post145952']
    Awesome, now i can get ezx packs for less than the price of standalone midi packs, really appreciate the tip :thumbup:

Glad to persuade someone else to spend more money so as I'm not alone....

Bought Twisted, Latin and Indie Folk. Or at least I tried to. They've sent me 2 Latin serial numbers and missed the one for Indie Folk....

Good news is that they replied just 7 mins after I emailed them. They're sorting it with Toontrack so top marks for responsiveness from Audiodeluxe :thumbup:

• Thanks for this.

Either I'm doing something wrong with this or it doesn't work ?(

I've put all of my midi files in to the user folder. I can actually see them in the browser tab and they work perfectly. I can also choose any loop from there and use it with the song creator. So far so good.

However, in the 'search' tab it only shows libraries that are from Toontrack. I've bought a couple more libraries already (naughty) and they are there. If you tap a beat and tell it to search but EXCLUDE all Toontrack libraries, it finds nothing.

Any ideas?

• You CANNOT play SD2 packs in EZ Drummer. You can only play the EZ Drummer kits in SD.

Superior Drummer doesn't have the cut and pate directly....but if you use Toontracks ProPlayer.....you can cut and paste Midi grooves and individual instruments using all your Superior and EZ sounds. You then import the Midi file into your DAW.

Admittedly....the EZD2's ability to play the grooves right from the browser is great. Some DAW's have issues with sync and alignment issues when importing Midi Files from the Toontrack products.

• Im loving the updated sound packs, and bought two EZX's with my purchase..

My problem is the beat matching doesnt seem to work so well, I only have two EZX expansions...

And the midi packs are outrageously priced. 30 bucks for midi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can get an EZX for 40

• Ok, on toontrack's forum:
    http://www.toontrack.com/forum…n-browser-but-not-search/

The moderator for toontrack says:

"At this moment it's not possible the add 3rd party MIDI into the Search tab. We are working on a solution though but I cannot say when it will be ready I'm afraid. However, even if we add the possibility to add 3rd party MIDI into Search it will not feature the same comprehensive tagging as the Toontrack MIDI since it's impossible for us to tag all existing MIDI on the market."

So EZD can't currently put 3rd party MIDI or user MIDI in the Library to do a Tap2Search, but they claim they will work on adding it. I hope so. I look forward to it.

• The moderator for toontrack says:

"At this moment it's not possible the add 3rd party MIDI into the Search tab. We are working on a solution though but I cannot say when it will be ready I'm afraid. However, even if we add the possibility to add 3rd party MIDI into Search it will not feature the same comprehensive tagging as the Toontrack MIDI since it's impossible for us to tag all existing MIDI on the market."

So EZD can't currently put 3rd party MIDI or user MIDI in the Library to do a Tap2Search, but they claim they will work on adding it. I hope so. I look forward to it.

That's kind of dumb thing for them to say. Why not let the user just tag there own midi files, and just give us the ability to do that.

• i have purchased it, finally! estimated download time: 14 hours, 30 minutes, wtf??? ?(
    i am soooo curious and now this, after all the hassle at launch day?

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Has anyone had or is having the same problem? I downloaded yesterday for almost 9 hours, now the DL is corrupted and i have to DL again.
    Estimated DL time: 6 hours. and support has not answered yet.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited 2 times, last by Geraldo7 ().

• My download took about 2 hours and was corrupt. I downloaded again and it worked but I have no idea how long it took as I just left it overnight....

Glad for you, Gary! It took me 9 hours to download a corrupted file. Trying again atm