Kemper profiler amp with behringer FCB10101 (with UNO chip v.1.0) don't work expression pedals. Can't connect to PC. Please help!

• Hi everyone!
    I am new user of Kemper. And i do have complications with FCB midi footcontroller.
    Maybe You can help me with my problem ( i really hope that i'll find right answer here), and my life will be just fine)
    I have problem with booth expression pedals - they just wont work((
    So first of all - i've tried several different midi devices for connection between PC and FCB 1010.
    I just dont able to do that.
    It wont connect at all.
    I've used two midi cables, put them in different varies ways - but all the time received same result. FCBUnOControlCenter does not recognise my midi controller and i am not able to do anything with that.
    It won't connect.((
    so after that i tried to do that without PC.
    i tried to make FCB 1010 self test, pedal callibration.
    That all is fine.. but how to use thouse pedals?
    my midi channel in Kempers system menu is set to "omny", as i understand expression pedal set to cc01 and volume pedal set to cc07.
    How can i fix this issue? please help me :(

• HI mate

regular uno chip is perfectly fine

Here are some things I would check
    1.make sure FCB1010 and kemper are on the same MIDI channel

2.download ripwerx editor

http://ripwerxcom.ipage.com/FCB1010_editor_v2.1_java50.zip

I've had problems with getting dumps to my pc with my midi interface but I can dump TO the FCB1010 so I just do that
    I have a template with tap tempo/beat detector - tuner and the expression pedals working
    send me a PM with your email and I will send you thru a file you can send to your FCB1010 thru ripwerx

3.calibrate the FCB1010 expression pedals as per the UNO manual
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&…f15f7HOV8dP4jQ6Lrx3RHPkSg

• IIRC wah is CC4 Volume is CC7

Omni is good as it will receive any midi info that comes in on any channel
    The template I will send you should work as long as you can do a dump from your pc to the FCB1010 with ripwerx (only need midi out interface to midi in on fcb1010)

• Cezarius welcome. The FCB1010 is very dificult to program without editor. As Caveman1 said, ripwerx editor works well and is free. If you only need to control the KPA the UNO 4 Kemper is a better way to go, but wont work if you have to control another device as welll. Good luck

• Hi Cezarius,

as others have replied here already : UnO and UnO4Kemper are 2 completely different things. I just notice that you have posted the same question on the Behringer forum, but there you have changed the title to
    "[fcb1010] Kemper profiler amp + behringer FCB10101 (with UNO4KEMPER chip v.1.0) don't work expression pedals. Can't connect to PC. Please help!"

So please confirm that you do use the UNO4KEMPER chip, not the UNO chip. People here are trying to help you by sending you UnO setups, but you don't have the UnO firmware installed... You try to connect your FCB1010 with a PC, but the UnO4Kemper firmware doesn't do any communication with a PC, since it doesn't need any editor. Please read the UnO4Kemper manual at http://www.uno4kemper.com/UnOforKemper_manual_1_3.pdf
    If you have calibrated the expression pedals correctly, the UnO4Kemper firmware will send full range CC07 and CC01 messages. If these don't do anything at the KPA side, you will need to configure your Profiler to react on those messages. I'm sure there are other threads on this forum giving details about this, and probably the KPA wiki does so too.

regards,
    Xavier