Studiomonitor for kpa

• hello i´m looking for studiomonitors for the kpa, and have no idea which one is o.k., i saw the krk g3 5 (to small?) the 6 and 8 (to big?), or is yamaha hs8 better?

please help :huh:

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I am playing through Yamaha HS7 and I like the sound very much. With HS5 I was worried about bass response and HS8 were too big for me. So I chose HS7 and I am very satisfied. HS7s have plenty of low end for the guitar. My 7-string guitar now plays like it is supposed to.
    My decision was based on many reviews I have read, because I had no option to compare them directly to any other monitors.

• I'm using JBL LSR308s. They sound great to my ears. You'd do yourself a favor if you could find a music store to A/B different brands, models and sizes. What sounds good to us may not suit you.

No matter what brand/model/size you purchase, placement of them in your studio is critical. I'd recommend to get them to near ear level on speaker stands.

• I'm using JBL LSR308s. They sound great to my ears. You'd do yourself a favor if you could find a music store to A/B different brands, models and sizes. What sounds good to us may not suit you.

No matter what brand/model/size you purchase, placement of them in your studio is critical. I'd recommend to get them to near ear level on speaker stands.

LSR305's here, and they sound great in my small room.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I have a pair of Mackie MR8's (8")
    Also pair of Yamaha HS50M (5") with a HS10W subwoofer.

The 5" Yamaha by themselves is not really amp enough or loud enough. The sub is frickin wonderful to give a wall shaking low end.
    The Mackie's are amazingly loud and really nice sounding. I pair the Mackies with the sub for Amp sound, but will add the Yamaha's for a clarity of the high end if I use FX and want a nice snappy clarity to the reverbs or delays, but often I have them off when just playing Raw Amps.

When I pair the Mackie 8" with the Sub, it's like playing an amp, bottles fall of the shelves, Acoustic guitars start ringing their A strings, Tambourine's rattle and fall off their hooks.

So my advice is to get 8" minimum. And if you can eventually pair it with a Sub, you can ignore the "but it doesn't get amp-in-the-room" crowd. To them I say "Shut up yer Shutting Up"

One 8" by itself is incredibly loud, at least 50 Watts, and so both I think are 100 Watts with a Sub that's 150 Watts dynamic power and can be heard many houses away.

Not too shabby for studio monitors.