OT: Things to GAS for

• I'm kind of tapped out. Not even interested in most guitars any more, other than the really unaffordable ones.

So need some help. ^^

You guys know of any great music gear that I should be drooling over? I play guitars, drums and bass, but anything could get my attention.

"Money... Burning a hole in my pocket... Got to give into the GAS... Or I could die..." :evil:

• That's funny...you're actually looking for something to GAS about. Usually, those things just seem to find us and then there's no cure.

I don't have any ideas. The Kemper has cured me of amp, cab, and effects GAS. These days it's mainly guitars and pickups for me.

• That's funny...you're actually looking for something to GAS about. Usually, those things just seem to find us and then there's no cure.

I don't have any ideas. The Kemper has cured me of amp, cab, and effects GAS. These days it's mainly guitars and pickups for me.

I recently read about this. Not cheap, but seems to be good value for the money.

See. You say guitars and pickups. He says FX. I say both could be GASed for. In fact, what I was wondering was whether this should actually go in the "Other Gear" forum. Except it's more vague. As far as GAS, I'm convinced it's a disease... You convince yourself that you need things you really don't, or don't merit. Take this for example.

http://www.espguitars.com/prod…_id=1963404-jeff-hanneman

It's a $4,999 guitar, no way I can afford it. I was looking at the cheaper variant, the JH600EC, and while it obviously doesn't compare, the specs are really top notch for what's supposed to be a budget-line guitar.

... And then got me thinking of other options. Les Pauls. Eclipses. PRS guitars. BC Rich Iron Birds. V-shaped guitars. Essentially, I'm looking for a guitar with a scale shorter than 25.5". And I want a floating bridge.

Then again, I've been playing BEADF#B tuning so long, maybe it's time for a 7-string. Something in 25.5"? Something in 26.5"? :thumbdown:

I'm used to a certain quality in an instrument *cough cough*, playing an Ibanez Prestige RG. So I'd want these things to be improved, or rather upgraded on in my next guitar.

What do you guys think about the JH600EC? Downgrade from a Prestige line instrument? What about the EC1000FRs, or the Eclipses with FRs? Go seven-string? Go eight-string? Mortgage the house?

It's GAS, alright.

• There will always be a wish list for all things music.
    Only amp G.A.S. has ended.

That is so true! 8) I mainly look for thing that make my kemper shine even more:
    better PA/Monitor speakers, better mixing desk, best way to remotely control my kemper, different guitar types for all the different amps - Les paul, tele, Strat, you name it...

• I agree that KPA cured me of my amp and dirt pedal gas, but now i gas for commercial profiles and searching the rig exchange for great free profiles. KPA has brought me a new form of gas. I used to be gassing for physical object that I can use for my guitar, now its just the internet and the USB cable :)

• I'm gassing for:

- USB DAW Controller
    - replacing my mid-2009 Macbook Pro with a newer one. Say, 750 GB, quad core i7, 16GB RAM, hi def graphics (at least 1600x1200) will do.
    - cheap power amp for my KPA to try my hand at playing through my cabinets. Won't be an FRFR, but I gotta try it.

That's enough "I can't afford it right now" stuff to GAS for, seeing how I just got a new LP Trad. Now some of my guitars are looking nervous. And they should be.

• Woah, a Les Paul Traditional. That's like a $3,000 guitar. Never been fortunate enough to try a Les Paul, just the Epiphone and Studio stuff mostly.

Being a Lefty, I rarely get a chance to try such a guitar first hand, so I have to buy blind. I got it second hand, but in new condition, off an eBayer who specialized in this thing.

I've had Gibson SG's and Epiphone LP's and even upgraded to Classic 57's and put those 57's later into a Parker PM20 Pro, then a Gretsch Double Jet and was never impressed. So I figured I didn't like LP's either never having tried one. Besides, I like bright tone like Strats and Tele's, so I figured I would't like darker tones.

Was I EVER wrong. A guy came over to buy an amp with his LP and I was blown away at how powerful it sounded. So, with a 15 day trial period from the eBayer, and at a total cost of $1855, I bought a left-handed LP Trad Plus.

It simply has been the most amazing guitar. I love how it plays, how it sounds, how it looks. I truly loved my MusicMan and still do, but this thing has quality all around. Very impressed and most happy I did.

No regrets. I'm now looking at selling 3 other guitars, because THIS guitar has made me realize what I like, and what is frivolous for me.

• If it's a Les Paul... I'd go for an R8 or R9... then slap a couple of vintage PAF's in it... make that baby sang!!!!
    Hate I sold mine back in the mid eighties (a 52' redone as a 59 burst with PAF's)... had to pay for school and put shoes on my babies feet; a man gotta do...

today I play a 61' ES175 with original PAF's... MAN has it got GAS!!!! but I'd still love a fine R9 and slap dem PUPs in dat baby!

Gettin' funky up in here..