2.40 FW release

• That is the one and only time I feel good about about having to use Parallels to run my windows to run my RM, because ... ->

I can simply go back in time and keep the former beta running!

Guys, please don't bitch - be patient or find workarounds!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Thanks, Duke (or do I say Mr. Chandler, ha ha)

This is probably a very small programming team, and we can't expect unearthly miracles and perfection that doesn't exist in the software world. Heck, I love video games, they develop them for 4-5 years, and if you buy them on release day, you ARE going to see bugs on the best of them.

That's just reality. Programming is hard and people are human. The fact the Kemper exists is, to me, 10 years ahead of my expectation for digital amps.

• Thanks, Duke (or do I say Mr. Chandler, ha ha)

This is probably a very small programming team, and we can't expect unearthly miracles and perfection that doesn't exist in the software world. Heck, I love video games, they develop them for 4-5 years, and if you buy them on release day, you ARE going to see bugs on the best of them.

That's just reality. Programming is hard and people are human. The fact the Kemper exists is, to me, 10 years ahead of my expectation for digital amps.

I was honestly wondering if anyone would ever achieve what the Kemper does ;)

• Wow, fanboy much?

No harm in expressing opinions.

My opinion is that not being able to use the first non-beta Rig Manager version unless you install the latest beta ("bass response bug" included) KPA firmware update is a huge oversight.

• yeah.. one the issues with software development is you just don't have a crystal ball to tell you the future... so we use tools to mitigate risk... such as the case of a release and then unseen errors driving them back to a beta.. compounded by a codependent link to the Profiler firmware.. oh what a mess. Well the good news.. it didn't kill anybody. Seriously, back in the 90's my small team worked on control systems for exothermic reactors... one small mistake and you could level a small town, danger was always an issue and you had to plan for the worse.. But on the lighter side.. we're all still pickin' our guitars through the profiler and having fun!! A little inconvenience every now and then is such a price for so much fun!!!

Gettin' funky up in here..