ISP Stealth->Cab Question

• I just picked one up from a local Kemperite.

I got it working no problem to my cab. I haven't checked the configuration, but it says "8 Ohms" in handwriting on the back, and both speakers are 16 Ohm.

The ISP works when I go Mono, but when I go Duel, I hear sound for a second, but then it cuts out.

In the Manual, it says it CAN go down to 4 Ohms, but if the power is too much, it can cut out to save itself? Something like that.

I will need to check the wiring, but can a dual 16 Ohm cab be an 8 Ohm Mono and 4 Ohm duel? If so, maybe the 4 Ohm Duel is too small for it.

Can I rewire it to make it more compatible for the ISP Stealth? I can solder.

P.S. The sound initially was anemic, but upon adding more Bass, Mids and turning the High and Low Shift back a tad, it really opened up spectacularly. Also, adjusting Clean and Distortion Sense to suit the guitar made it wonderful. So it requires a bit of an ear is all. Probably have to adjust by patch.

Are these global changes, or per patch changes?

• A few quick questions for clarity.

When you say "dual", you mean operating the cab in stereo right?

Have you tried using each of the stealths low power channels individually with the cab set to mono? Just to test these outputs dont have any issues.

Two 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel gives 8 ohm.
    In series, 32 ohm
    And obviously 16 ohm per speaker when running in stereo.
    It is impossible to wire a 2x16 ohm cab to reflect a 4 ohm load.

Try each output by itself. Change speaker cables incase its shorting an output. Check/clean speaker jack's on stealth and cab (possible shorting). That's about all I can think of.

• I haven't tried each individual channel, good idea. I need to check the soldering and make sure there isn't a short, and which wiring it is.

The manual says it only cuts out when the Stealth can't handle under 4 Ohms and I'm thinking it should be 8 or 16 on the Cabinet, so I was confused as to how that could happen.

So if one uses the 2 channels, will that give a stereo sound to the Speakers? Or only if they are wired to each jack alone and not in EITHER Series or Parallel?

• They need to be wired to each speaker alone for stereo. Stereo cabs normally have a switch on the back to switch between mono and stereo operation. Something like this:
    http://www.musicplayers.com/re…itars/2008/1108_BECOS.php

Does your cab have a switch on it? What does the Jack plate look like? Is it possible the cab isnt stereo and your plugging the second stealth output into an "extension jack" on the cab?
    This would short the stealths outputs together if the switch is in the wrong position (or if there isnt a switch at all and the second jack is actually an extension jack) - which would cause the stealth to shutdown to protect itself.

Obviously, to get stereo out of the KPA you'd also need to run 2 outputs from kpa to the 2 inputs on the stealth, and then the two outputs to your cab.

I'm guessing the cab isnt actually wired for stereo. Easy to rewire if you want too..

Let me know what you find.