Getting electric shocks

• Bought it in 2010. Brother has one from 2012, never experienced something similar. So, yeah maybe they production year is the problem...

• Hi guys,

I have a Late-2008 MacBook Pro that gives me shocks all the time. It's like a hard and loud static shock. My wife ever hears it before I react with some loud swearing. Nothing else that's plugged-in using the same APC power bar does this and that includes my Kemper. No hum sound going passing through the speakers apart from when the shocks occurs (the speakers will power the "tick" and headphone too through the Duet2 interface).

I also noticed once while charging my iPhone that I was getting grounded (feeeling a constant current escaping from my MacBook/USB/iPhone) since my hand was kind of resting on combination of the 3 of them... Not a fun feeling but nothing dangerous, more like an unpleasant tickling.

Now my new work MacBook Pro late-2013 doesn't do this at all even when plugged on the same APC as the old MacBook and the rest of the equipment.

I kinda learned to expect to be shocked when I sometimes touch my old MacBook (it is not consistent) but every time I swear like a mad man at it :)

My old MacBook does that wherever I am by the way, even when I travel to different places with it. My guess is that the magnetic power connector kind of leaks current if the right conditions are present; like my sweaty left hand...

Cheers,

Marc.

• Meanwhile, I guess it's a grounding issue of the room/house where I was.

I'm now at my room in the city where I study and have the same setup with Kemper, Interface, Monitors, Laptop and don't get any shocks..gotta get that checked at my home.