Time for a Strat!

• Real nice wide-grained character to that wood. Unique as well, you won't mistake it standing next to the next Strat.

Snap it into position 4 and have a go at Expresso Love! Strats Rule!

Thanks db9091. I always had a thing for the wood grain on guitars with a natural finish. This transparent color look struck me as a nice variation. Just got "Couldnt stand the weather" down. Opening licks really shine with this axe.

• One (strange) remark regarding the SRV sound topic.
    I like the warm, fat sound of the Fender American Standard with the Custom Shop Fat 50s (Alnico5) ... but for SRV I found the much cheaper Squier Classic Vibe 50s with maple fingerboard and Custom Vintage Style Alnico3 PUs even more attractive. It has some more "bite", imho.

I'm a fan of Alnico 5's. The SSL-1s have them, and strangely, my 52 RI Tele has them. I have the last year they used them for left-handed RI before going to Alnico3's I read for a "closer to traditional" sound.

But for me, the 5's are that perfect fatness, yet rock up a storm, but on a Strat, in 2 + 4 are especially bluesy.

I've not personally had a guitar capable of SRV, but it would be wasted on me as I can't play that style of blues. I'm more of a Freddy King/Clapton.

• Thanks Armin. I own the James Tyler JTV-59 (Les Paul) and havent noticed the faint hiss you mentioned when using it with the Kemper. Which Variax do you have?

I owned the first Variax and the JTV-59 - you hear it with any amp if you crank the gain - as for the KPA you may need to disable the noise gate.

The magnetic PUs are fine only the Variax modeling makes the noise.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de