Blueamps C112

• I Have a Blue Amp C112 all Profies sound very Dark and too fat.
    Any advices from users how to set up this Amp to sound like
    when i listen to the Profiles on Headphones or my Studio Monitors?
    Even my old Tech 21 with Beyma GA12 Speaker sounded better

• I Have a Blue Amp C112 all Profies sound very Dark and too fat.
    Any advices from users how to set up this Amp to sound like
    when i listen to the Profiles on Headphones or my Studio Monitors?
    Even my old Tech 21 with Beyma GA12 Speaker sounded better

The amp you speak about is probably the Camper 112? If the answer is yes then the speaker is flat response but not full range so you will loose some high frequencies and get a darker tone. Some like it, some not. The Beyma GA12 and your headphone are FRFR (full range flat response) like PA speakers. By the way BlueAmps and KPA-Solutions also offer very high quality FRFR amps like the CX112.

• Hey digbob,

just to check whether I'm getting it right: you're listening to the Blue Amp's profile through HPs and you like them? What are you listening them through when you don't?

• Hey digbob,

just to check whether I'm getting it right: you're listening to the Blue Amp's profile through HPs and you like them? What are you listening them through when you don't?

The Camper 112 is a flat response, but not full range amp by KPA-solutions.
    I had this for testing once and it had not enough highend for my taste.

• I think there is some confusion here. The OP talks about the Blue Amps Camper 112 amp which is not a profile or a set of rigs but a real amp made by KPA-Solutions to amplify modelers.

http://www.kpa-solutions.com/amps/camper-112/

But, as Ingolf and I said, the camper 112 use a speaker that is flat response but not full range, which explains the darker tone the OP get when he use his own set of profiles and rigs.

• Yeah, but what do they have to do with the OP's rig? ;)

It was my assumption (maybe incorrect) that the KPA powered cab solution would have a flat response ..... which may not be true even though it seems logical to me.

My reasoning is that most profiles are done using a cab and a mic. The characteristics of the cab and mic are therefore captured by the Kemper profiler.

If you wish to reproduce the sound of the original, you would want a powered speaker that has a flat response..... like my DSR112 (although it does have a small hump at the very bottom and an even more slight rise at the top).

I am also guilty of assuming that anyone who designed a product as incredible as the Kemper Profiler would be capable of producing a powered cab that had a nice flat response ;)

Of course, there are lots of assumptions going on here.

• Your DSR112 has not only a flat response but is also full range, it's a FRFR powered speaker which is not the case of of the Camper 112. BTW KPA-Solutions is an independant company and is not affiliate to Kemper. BUT KPA-Solutions offer a lot of different products which include very good FRFR powered speaker cabinet as the CX112.

• Sure, now I got it.
    This sounds strange tho, the Camper's cab should not be darker than any guitar cab, which can sound spectacular.

Maybe the OP is keeping cab simulation on, while it would be advisable to try setting it off.

• Sure, now I got it.
    This sounds strange tho, the Camper's cab should not be darker than any guitar cab, which can sound spectacular.

Maybe the OP is keeping cab simulation on, while it would be advisable to try setting it off.

When I did the shootout with the C 112 (compared it with an Atomic FRFR I had at the time, there is still my YT video up) it was immediately evident that it was indeed very much darker sounding although according to Marco (maker of the Camper 112) the range of this speaker goes up to 10 kHz.
    And I only used profiles of amps which should, by definition, not go up beyond 5-6000 Hz. (depending on the cab).
    And with this cab (remember it is flat response) it is recommended to keep cab on.
    And for the record it was still too dark with cab off.

For me a perfect example of reality vs. theory or the old 'use your ears and if it sounds good its good' - paradigm.

• Yeah, as usual the problem lies it the concept of FR (or FR!): as we know, those are no standards. I don't really believe the C 112 goes 100-10,000 +/- 2 dB, which - while not being full range - would approximate a flat response .

The balance of frequencies is critical, and a huge amount of lows and mid-lows can certainly mask a healthy upper range. This might well be the case, provided that the upper range is actually about flat up to 10,000 Hz.

• Yeah, as usual the problem lies it the concept of FR (or FR!): as we know, those are no standards. I don't really believe the C 112 goes 100-10,000 +/- 2 dB, which - while not being full range - would approximate a flat response .

The balance of frequencies is critical, and a huge amount of lows and mid-lows can certainly mask a healthy upper range. This might well be the case, provided that the upper range is actually about flat up to 10,000 Hz.

Yes, my ears told me there must be some dysbalance between low migds and highs in that case.
    I don't remember if Marco had measured the frequeny response but I think so and there was a fairly flat frequency line IIRC.
    Maybe Marco chimes in.

• If this is the case, then the preponderance of lows recognized by several users might be due to the interaction with the floor, maybe the unit has not been properly designed under this respect...

• Your DSR112 has not only a flat response but is also full range, it's a FRFR powered speaker which is not the case of of the Camper 112. BTW KPA-Solutions is an independant company and is not affiliate to Kemper. BUT KPA-Solutions offer a lot of different products which include very good FRFR powered speaker cabinet as the CX112.

I find it impossible to believe that a single 12" speaker is linear throughout the frequency range of a guitar. This is simply nonsensical.

My DSR112 is crossed over at 1.7Khz. There is considerable content above this frequency that the 12" speaker is not handling.

Now granted, the DSR woofer is not a guitar cab 12" speaker; however, I still fail to see how any 12" speaker is going to be able to generate 3KHz or greater with any efficiency at all.

Case in point: http://celestion.com/product/16/g12m_greenback/

It is very easy for me to believe that the Camper 112 gives a darker sound to a Kemper profiler.

• Hi,

the Camper 112 is flat from 97-10.500 Hz (-6 dB) and 130-8.500 Hz (-3 dB).

[Blocked Image: http://www.blueamps.de/wp-content/uploads/fg-camper-112.jpg]

And yes, it´s darker than a full range speaker. There are no problems because of the phase, because it´s just one special broadband speaker.

PS: You should rename the thread to "Camper 112". There is no "BlueAmps C112". ;)