This looks interesting ?? BIAS desktop

• Looks like they are releasing it a bit later than first anticipated. Still...will be an excellent alternative for some different tones. Other options are always good.

• The ipad version is actually really good. Jam up (their primary guitar amp/fx app) is also very good. Bias amps do seem to sound better on it's own than when put into Jamup. I use both with an Irig Pro and FCB1010. Works great. I also really like Ampkit which I use with the same setup. My primary use with both these apps (Jamup and Ampkit) is to recreate my real pedal board and amp sounds. I use the Kemper in exactly the same way.

• The ipad version is actually really good. Jam up (their primary guitar amp/fx app) is also very good. Bias amps do seem to sound better on it's own than when put into Jamup. I use both with an Irig Pro and FCB1010. Works great. I also really like Ampkit which I use with the same setup. My primary use with both these apps (Jamup and Ampkit) is to recreate my real pedal board and amp sounds. I use the Kemper in exactly the same way.

I use this same Rig as an ultra compact 2 piece sit in tool. Use My KPA for regular gigs. ALso looking to try Bias/iPad with my KPA as a two amp rig setup 8)

• Hope the "Amp-Matching" will be improved until the final version is available:

BIAS - Video

Hi, it seems that in the end of the video there is a difference of volume between the amp matched track and the original track.

This may also emphasize the difference of tone. This is also I experienced when I was doing tonematching with Ozone...

• Depends on the hardware interface you use probably, with the IRIG or Peavey (1st generation), JamUp Pro is far to be impressive. perhaps, with the lastest generation (irig pro, ...) the thing will sound better...

I have Line6 Sonic Port which is quite good and problem is not in latency. Cleans are pretty well, I even managed to tweak decent low gain, however high gain is not good enough. I've downloaded a lot of presets from the cloud, but nothing to use on a record.

• You have to make sure you are using a 24bit interface like I rig pro or it doesn't sound that good. Problem I have is with last update latency is worse. I just downloaded Yanuk Tonestack, to my iPad,to try. Reports are little latency with dual paths and very good effects.

• You have to make sure you are using a 24bit interface like I rig pro or it doesn't sound that good. Problem I have is with last update latency is worse. I just downloaded Yanuk Tonestack, to my iPad,to try. Reports are little latency with dual paths and very good effects.

I also have the Tonestack motherload (which is everything for v1.0) it's nice. For comparison's sake it offers the most effects that can be loaded/used at one time out of all the current Ipad fx (64 at once) which only Ampkit can come close (32). It's the first to offer dual-amps. The 70 effects are comprehensive and cover a lot of ground and the biggest collection out of any guitar fx app aswell. There are 2 problems though with Tonestack 1) Amps don't sound that good on their own and are relatively quiet, volume-wise 2) Used with a FRFR speaker there is a lot of noise and squealing which reminds me of early days virtual guitar amps (no squealing problems with Jamup, Ampkit or Amplitube). Yonac are obviously aware of the problem as each amp/preset comes loaded with Noise X (noise limiter). On the otherhand, the distortion/overdrive pedals do give Tonestack amps a lot of life and character. Definitely a great app for tweakers and patch makers. If you want to try lots of amps and make your own though, then, Jampup along with Bias is the way to go. Just don't expect the best fx routing or number of simulataneous effects from it. Reverbs are usually the weakest link in ios guitar fx apps (ampkit is only ok (some amps have reverb), Jampup is good and covers all the basics, Amplitube reverb is built into the amp, sounds average). Tonestack is good in this area also, but, something like AD480 might be more your thing if you're after quality (minus spring reverb). Mobile pod seems to be good if you're willing to buy the interface, not the best for heavier music though, but, a decent benchmark standard. Currently testing out Flying Haggis aswell...

• Well, I think you' d be surprised how often solutions like Pod Farm, Guitar Rig, Logic Amp Designer etc. that you consider 'low division' have successfully been used on records.

No I won't. I have enough background. I'm speaking about playing. When I play - I feel it the most.
    All records are different, though. Depends on how guitar is used. If it is a layered background - then no wonder. When it is an expressive lead instrument - I doubt. However everybody has own expression methods, so I guess I can speak for myself only.

• No I won't. I have enough background. I'm speaking about playing. When I play - I feel it the most.
    All records are different, though. Depends on how guitar is used. If it is a layered background - then no wonder. When it is an expressive lead instrument - I doubt. However everybody has own expression methods, so I guess I can speak for myself only.

Tbh, for me the most important factor is actually volume for playing feel whether I'm using tube or modelling. Through headphones the playing experience is completely different because there's no feedback to the guitar from the amp. The sound vibrations that come back to the guitar makes a difference and makes it easier to play. Tube is the easiest to play and feel ofcourse, but, that doesn't take anything away from modelling. Ios guitar modelling apps are getting better every year. Good enough for band rehearsal at least.