Recommended Powered Speaker(s) HELP!!! ;-)

• Ok i've gone done the rabbit hole trying to figure out what my options are in regards to a powered cabinet or speakers for using with the Kemper.

Bear with me i'm new to the Kemper family and am trying to get my arms around this thing.

I have an unpowered Kemper for use in my home studio but would also like the possibility of using it for a gig if need be as well as a practice amp, not a huge fan of practicing through my studio monitors.

I currently have it connected to the effects return of my modded Orange Tiny Terror and 1x12 cabinet with the Cabinet modeling turned off and it sounds pretty good but obviously not like what i hear with headphones and the cab modeling turned on.

So the 100k dollar question is this.

What are other Kemper Users Recommended options.

Thanks in advance.
    Cris...

• That is the one i was looking at but it seems at first glance to be pretty heavily backordered or that you need to get on a waiting list. Am i correct in that assumption?

Cool well at least i'm going down the right rabbit hole haha

+1 for Atomic Amps

Thanks for your reply.

• +1 for CLR's. I own a pair of actives and they're extremely accurate BUT (and this is a super big deal to guys who really prefer the sound of guitar cabinets) using the CLR's can be a startling tone experience. They are a lot like giant high powered studio monitors. I only mention this because you expressed your discomfort playing thru monitors. If you can wrap your ears around the CLR concept I think you will ultimately get and produce better and more accurate tones.

• This.
    If you don't like your studio monitors and prefer your guitar amp, either you have not tweaked your profiles for a linear system (monitors), and/or monitors are not linear enough.

But, at least the CLR are transparent enough to let you realize that if there's something you don't like in your sound, it depends on the profile/guitar/player LOL

• Thanks for all the friendly advice everyone... Transparent was the word i was looking for. i just want something that's not going to overly color the profiles that i like, playing through the amp effects return is cool but at some point everything starts to sound the same to me.

Glad this is a friendly bunch and not a "let's burn the kemper noob at the stake" group ;)

Cris...

• Consider QSC K10 or K12 FRFR PA monitors. I'm using K10's with my Axe-Fx II, and they are amazing. 1000 watts. I plan to use them with the Kemper when I get it. These are used by a huge number of people with the Axe-Fx, so I tried them, and they faithfully reproduce the amps and cabs. This is the best I've ever sounded live with any amp. I highly recommend them.

I'm running Output 1 Left into a K10 on the floor in front of me, facing me--I control it's volume with the Output 1 level. (And each speaker has its own volume knob, I'm running them at about 25% up!) Then I run Output 2 Left to another K10, facing the audience on stage left, and another K10 facing the audience on stage right. So I have a separate control for Front of House from my control of my monitor in front of me, so I can turn myself up or down without affecting the level of what the audience hears, in the entire band mix.

I have the FOH monitor/speakers on stands, although you don't have to. They can stand upright or lie on their sides flat or pointed up at you like a typical floor wedge.

• Hey Gang,
    Thanks for all the response and recommendations.

I will not be using this speaker for live purposes just for playing in home home studio, i've had my mind made up on getting the CLR but realize i can get a DXR10 for almost 1/2 the price. Knowing my intended usage only for being for personal home monitoring is there still enough of an advantage to get the CLR over say a DXR10? Is the difference 500 dollars worth is what i'm really saying ;)

I do like the square cabinet form factor of the CLR but i'm sure i could live with another.

Thanks again.

Cris...

• I have not heard the CLR, but I can say that the DXR10 sounds pretty darned good. The DXR12 might give you better thump with the palm mutes and such, but either of the DXR's will sound very good indeed with the Kemper.

• Since it's just for home use you could save some serious dough with a single DXR. Or you could get a stereo pair of DXR's for the price of one CLR. And hearing your KPA in glorious stereo is a sonic RUSH! But if you have the eventual goal of playing live in the near future then I'd probably buy a CLR now.

• Right on thanks guys that's kind of what i wanted to hear...

I would most likely eventually pick up another DXR to run things in stereo, sounds like this might make most sense at this stage of the game.