Would it make sense to get a torpedo live with a kemper?

• I like the idea of being able to make custom cabinet setups with the WoS plugin, and I quite often make them there, but I can never capture their IR's properly. I was wondering if getting a torpedo live would work, as I would be able to make cabs on it then just model it easily.

• That is true. I just don't own any physical amps or cabinets anymore since getting a Kemper other than my sansamp rack units.

• Are you aware you can combine any of a rig's cabs with any other amp? It would not be like using IRs, but it's a never-ending fun... Litterally thousands of different cab sound for free on the RE :)

• Are you aware you can combine any of a rig's cabs with any other amp? It would not be like using IRs, but it's a never-ending fun... Litterally thousands of different cab sound for free on the RE :)

Yeah, I know, and that is what I do, but I find that I cannot always find a cab from another profile that fits the amp that I am trying.

• Yeah, I know, and that is what I do, but I find that I cannot always find a cab from another profile that fits the amp that I am trying.

How many profiles do you have installed? Also, several of them might have the same cab...
    You might want to download some other cabs/profiles... Also, have you ever tried Till's cabs?They are generally considered very well sounding :)

• How many profiles do you have installed? Also, several of them might have the same cab...
    You might want to download some other cabs/profiles... Also, have you ever tried Till's cabs?They are generally considered very well sounding

I've gone through about 1500 profiles, and condensed down to about 150 that I really like. Most of them do use similar cabs, but yeah I have tried the Till's cabs and they're not my thing for some reason. I just didn't jive with them. I also have a bunch of cabs from places like tone hammer, and several other cab retailers. All in all I have around 120 different cabs in my kemper, and I really only use about 5 of them.

• I could swore indid a thread on this but has anyone done profiles with the torpedo cab?
    How does it sound? I'm thinking if picking one up and a AFD 100

I have their wall of sound plugin. and I can get some really good tone out of it, it's just not really easy for me to get a good profile of the plugin in spite of my best efforts, which is why I've been thinking about the hardware side.

• recently I have been using the Torpedo Live with the Kemper (cabs sim off) - with my own recent WAV library just released, simply because Ive been doing a lot of classic rock recordings and needed the "room" settings rather than direct mic approach. - and that was the better option.. (or easier lets say) - obviously normally I prefer the kemper as is, as that is the more accurate sound.. but as my needs are different at this time, I chose this option.

currently the Kemper cannot detach amp+cab perfectly, however with tweaking it can sound amazing still. (just the B/M/T) knobs

If you have an IR loader in your DAW (such as MixIR) you don't need a Torpedo live, you can disable the Kempers cab, and enable the VST plugin on the channel you are connected to in the daw. - load and IR, job done!. - in some cases this is preferd these days, as you can change the sound after tracked. - but if this is not for you, then least it will supply a good demo for you to consider the Torpedo. - and talking of demos, you can go to my site, and download the free DEMO IR's to sample too..

• Torpedo is a fantastic product and their customer support is excellent! I had a Kemper toaster when it first came out. There were not that many features available on the unit at the time and many missing features. I switched to a real tube amp and Torpedo live and it sounded great and worked very well. I picked up a Kemper powered rack a few months back and haven't looked back since. I did some early recordings with the Live and my amp and then recently with my Kemper and the profile of my amp. The strange thing is that the Kemper recording sounds a lot more live and clear. That being said, I still use the two notes stuff in the WOS III plugins and have that option for a tonal change if needed.

• I own both and have occasionally used Torpedo Live cabs with the Kemper from time to time (direct out into the Torpedo Live with cabinet setting turned off on the Kemper). I also have a few amps that I have not profiled, but I can still record them direct through the Torpedo. Its an embarrassment of direct recording riches. The Kemper is far more versatile, obviously. The Torpedo Live is only as good as the amps that you plug into them, but it is convenient and cool how I can just dial in tones on the amps old school. Both are outstanding pieces of gear and can coexist in harmony :)