tube di box with the kemper

• hey friends,

i saw deftones guitarist stephan says he uses palmer pdi tube di box because it adds the "live" feelings of a tube amp

does someone have a exprience with this kind of devices?

thanks

• Because the KPA sounds harsh and digital... :P

Anything you add in front of the KPA has the same effect that it would have in front of the real amp. Some people uses tube OD in front of their tube amps to add something that their amp is cannot do by itself. IMO, you don't need that with the KPA with all the rigs and stops available.

• I bought the Kemper precisely because it gives the live feelings of a tube amp. Don't know about this particular DI but my experience would say to keep your money and enjoy the KPA alone! :D

• @ Foo: are you somehow unsatisfied with the sounds you're getting?

In the years I've overcome my old urge to just "have more". Not saying this is your case, by any means! My GAS is made so that it pushes me to look for solutions before (or even without) having problems...
    Basically, I've discovered that defining your needs/likes will clearly show you your way. As long as I don't see a clear need/like, I go on focusing on using what I have at its best, and my personal performance as a musician.
    Just a thought, maybe OT as well ^^

:)