Rig Manager Mac Public Beta

• Thanks for the help...
    I'm dragging and dropping folders of my purchased packs, I also deleted the txt and pdf inside to make sure that wasn't the problem...
    it should be possible to drag them in subfolders and with no rigs number limit, right?

• Fantastic! Works like a charm on OSX 10.9.4 with KPA 2.5! How cool to see and instantly hear every rig on the Exchange and compare it to what I already have. Great organizational tool. Couldn't be happier! And I love the SHIFT - ENTER command for one touch rig auditioning. Got to get one of those foot pedal things to browse up and down hands free. Any suggestions?

Edited once, last by MLScola ().

• I'm in the same boat. Can't use it after all this waiting.

That is sad, but we discussed this a while ago. I updated my Mac Mini from 10.6.8 to 10.9.2 in January - had np at all. Do you really need 10.6.8 on all of these machines? Alot of the recently deployed software needs 10.7 at least anyway.

A dedicated win8 tablet is also a nice workaround - in case you must not update/upgrade your Macs.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I had some serious plans (work related) for tonight, but these things will have to wait now.
    So looking forward to deleting Parallels from my MBPro!

:thumbup:

90% of the game is half-mental.

• No OSX 10.6.8 Darn so close. Sometimes updating an older computer that's full of applications and running solid it's hard to update just for one app.

i had to update my music mac some time ago because my DAW of choice along with my sample player of choice required 10.7 or later. it was worth it, many things work much better since then. on top, when i realized that apple doesn't issues security fixes for 10.6 anymore i knew ...
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks for the help...
    I'm dragging and dropping folders of my purchased packs, I also deleted the txt and pdf inside to make sure that wasn't the problem...
    it should be possible to drag them in subfolders and with no rigs number limit, right?

no, there is no limit. i'd say the purchased packs contain local presets.
    gs

• Quoted from "DaveVST"

I got an error saying IMPORT FAILED. ONLY PROFILER RIGS CAN BE IMPORTED, or just nothing.
    The only workaround I found so far is to import small amount of rigs directly in the LOCAL LIBRARY and then moving them in the subfolders I've created.

maybe you're trying to import local presets instead of entire rigs. how do you import those files? in any case, please contact support and send them the files you're attempting to import.
    thanks, gs

I see that many of the vendors include text or jpeg files within the folders or rigs. This may be part of the issue as well.

• Where can I access the Rig Manager Manual? Checked the main Support / Downloads area and the Wiki and dont see it.

you're on OSX are you? the manual is an item in the HELP menu. and also stored in /Library/Documentation
    gs

• Thank you Kemper team. I was able to quickly setup folders on my local drive, sample profiles from the rig exchange, modify names of the rigs for easy editing, etc.

Very good first day of use with a beta version of the software.

Sean

• Should we have another thread opened for the beta issues we find or post them in this one, G-String?

if you could use the feedback link within the Help menu, that would be ideal. in addition, feel free to post - preferably into a new thread
    cheers, gs