Coming back to the fold - what has changed?!

• Ok folks. So 2 yrs agap I had a profiler. I wasn't using it and sold it. However I always remember it sounding absolutely awesome (especially that Morgan profile!) and mow I might be about to get a new one again!

This time I think I'll be going for the powerhead, which I'll use with a matrix Neolithic cab - not FRFR but apparently very flat response so works well with the profiles.

So here are my questions:

1. What are the latest any greatest profiles to download (free ones that is). That Morgan ac15 blew me away - but there must have been lots of great stuff over the past 2 nears.

2. I will want to be able to switch on and off effects within profiles and switch between a few profiles during a gig. Is there a simple footswitch it can use for this (I don't want a FCB - want something much more compact).

Looking forward to coming back!!!

• Welcome back!
    Well, the rig exchange has > 5000 rigs tight now.
    Still the Morgan AC20 is top of the game IMO.

Of course you'll get lots of different suggestions.
    You'll have to take you time and hear for yourself I'm afraid.
    But the rig manager makes auditioning a lot easier than it was before.

• Welcome back.

Some things have changed: Tons of "commercial profiles", 5000+ on the RigExchange, Firmware really matured and very stable, RigManager for Win AND OSX.
    Some did not: great community - helpful, ressourceful, creative and meanwhile very experienced with the "quirks" that show up every once in a while. Constant development and support by the mothership.

The Kemper has become my go-to-guy.

Now see for yourself and enjoy the ride.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• 2. I will want to be able to switch on and off effects within profiles and switch between a few profiles during a gig. Is there a simple footswitch it can use for this (I don't want a FCB - want something much more compact).

Check out the McMillen Softstep. Pretty compact! In fact, if I didn't already have an FCB/Uno4Kemper with the single cable mod, I'd definitely be looking to integrate one of these into my conventional pedal board (actually, I still might! Miss my Polytune and original TS9...).

Sound on Sound review the Softstep
    Cheers,
    Sam

• Welcome back.

Some things have changed: Tons of "commercial profiles", 5000+ on the RigExchange, Firmware really matured and very stable, RigManager for Win AND OSX.
    Some did not: great community - helpful, ressourceful, creative and meanwhile very experienced with the "quirks" that show up every once in a while. Constant development and support by the mothership.

...Oh, and the wiKPA has now become wikpa.org

:)