Which Profiles for Clean Sounds?

• Already downloaded the Morgan AC20 and the Thierry Fender profiles in anticipation of
    my rack arriving on Friday.

• The Kemper arrived last Friday Ralph and I bought it from a shop that offers 30 day trial if you don't like it,send it back.

I can tell you it's not going back.

I have only tried presets up to now,and I have downloaded some user profiles.

One that is particularly good are the Selmer Clean profiles,but I found that most overdriven sounds will clean up if you turn the Gain down.

The Amp Factory have excellent profiles,even their free ones are really good,and I bought a couple of the singles.

I have yet to play with most of the features of the Kemper,I was surprised there is so much to it,I have only altered the EQ via the front controls,I have not yet touched the Stomps,Reverb,Echo,EQ,Cabinet settings and all the other toys that are included.

So,if you are thinking of getting one,Go for it,I thought about it for a long time but I am so pleased I got it.

Alan

• Welcome to KPAA (Kemper Profiling Amp Anonymous) for those with Kemper addiction syndrome ;)

Watch for the early warning signs like your finger tips getting sore, your wife/girlfriend complaining you are spending too much time "with that thing", and a silly grin permanently stuck to your face.

• I myself fought with a bunch of clean tones as they always broke up slightly (could be the guitar PU). Someone suggested turning the amp block off which is really a pretty simple and balanced tone. Throw a comp and some chorus on there and it's a pretty decent baseline.

• Curious... You get breakup even when the gain is at its minimum (only one led)?

This should not happen no matter the PU power, unless you're overloading the input... or the output. How's your Clean sens set?

• I myself fought with a bunch of clean tones as they always broke up slightly (could be the guitar PU). Someone suggested turning the amp block off which is really a pretty simple and balanced tone. Throw a comp and some chorus on there and it's a pretty decent baseline.

This way you end up using a quasi D.I. sound like in the 70’s when guitarists sometimes went directly into the board without the use of an amp.
    But surely turning down the gain on a cleanish profile should leave you with a totally clean sound.
    What pickups do you have?