MW RokPak - Profiles for Kemper Profiling Amplifiers

• I have a feeling that these are the type of profiles that don't really shine until you have some slamming drums and a thumping bass underneath them.

Most probably true. OTOH, you know, profiles from a giant producer HAVE to blow you away...

They made an experiment some time ago. A person was brought into several classrooms in a university, and introduced each time as a different professional figure.
    He was first a custodian, then a clerk in the office, then the head of the office, then a researcher, then a professor, then the new president.
    They asked the students to estimate that person's height. Their responses were higher the more his profession was.

This is how our mind works...

... And, of course, each of us believes that this is true for the others only! :thumbup:

I'm confident the RokPak will grow on us in the weeks

:)

• The Wizard medium gain seems to sound really killer! But will I spend $110 ? I would like to see a medium gain pack then it could be interesting for a low to medium gainer like me! 8o

• I would suggest that breaking the packs into individual amp packs may help draw a larger interest. I sure don't plan on dropping $100+ for a one time buy of profiles. Yes, I've spent more than $100 in total for commercial packs already. But, I only like to buy an amp at a time and therefore only have $5-$15 invested for any buy.

Just my 2 cents. :D

EXACTLY!!!

• Just listened to these again via proper speakers.The samples rock and have a lot of personality, even through youtube. Makes me want to buy all these amps :). I'd have to settle with profiles, I suppose, don't have space and I don't think MW is selling anyway ;)

The profiler is a true wonder and it's only getting better.

• This guy is one of the best enginners,, with a proven track trecord, so that is worth a price. I doubt he'll start selling his profiles for $5 !! just the list of gear you get with the amps , mics used ect .by the man himself ....

I'm buying the Uber pack !!!

• kriswylde - he's already selling them for less than $3 an amp in the bundles. So why not for $5 for each amp? The uber pack has 201 profiles across 83 amp set ups per the MW website. That's an average of 2.4 profiles per amp setup. At $210 for the uber pack it is $2.53 per amp setup ($210 / 83) or $2.89 per amp setup after price increase to $240.

I agree that I really like what I hear in the sound samples, but the same could be said for all the other commercial providers and we know that that doesn't always translate to a great sound in each of our setups.

I do respect MW's talents and experience, but that still doesn't make me want to shell out more than a $100 for one of the current packs offered. Maybe once I have one of the free profiles to try in my setup, my mind will be changed. Until then, I still stand by my earlier comment to break this up into individual amp packs.

• I would suggest that breaking the packs into individual amp packs may help draw a larger interest. I sure don't plan on dropping $100+ for a one time buy of profiles. Yes, I've spent more than $100 in total for commercial packs already. But, I only like to buy an amp at a time and therefore only have $5-$15 invested for any buy.

Just my 2 cents. :D

+1 for me too, don't fancy spending £65 on a 100 profiles and only liking half a dozen of them. Should be singles like Andy44

Ezergeezer

• Geez. Are we fighting here again about something that hasn't even been tested or tried? I feel like Winston Churchill, urging the defenders of the forum to fight in the public area, the members only area, the tips and tricks sub-forums....I feel like old Adolf, banging my desk and screaming in German, "Slaughter them! Slaughter them all like dogs!"

Slaughter who? Who knows in these team fights on the Kemper forums ^^

I think the main thing to draw from the delayed release in September is that the free MW pack from Kemper Amplifiers should be out before then. That will give us more of an objective view of the quality of Mr MW's profiles, don't you think? And mind you, these are raw profiles, not rigs with FX.

I do see one drawback to the profiling process, which I'm sure all of you might have experienced. Due to the multiple guitars being while profiling, it'll be crazy difficult finding out a uniform methodology for tweaking them to fit my guitar.

I don't see any point in complaining about pricing. Does it really matter how much any of us are willing to pay? It's a free market, let Mr MW charge whatever he wants to.

They didn't sound shabby to me, even using my cheap computer speakers over youtube. Those are really classic guitar tones, even the high gain stuff. The second or third tone, the MTS-MW Hi Grail, would sound devastating with downtuned guitars in a mix. Just my 2 cents.

It would be great if Mr MW considers breaking the packs into more affordable components, since I'm sure his view that having an option to buy some profiles in the standard pack and then the remainder in the Extension is to showcase the wide range of tones some of these amps are capable of delivering. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't though, he's got a right to profit from his hard work. Is it unreasonable? Consider the cost of each of us individually going to his studio to have each of these amps profiled. Also consider his expectations about how few people are actually going to spend money on profiles, since this is still a very small side business and on the internet, nothing can be taken for granted about copyright protections.

If he's even able to convert a few users of his free rig pack into buyers, I think he will consider it a job well done

• I feel really embarrassed by this price discussion to be honest. You are asking the guy who recorded Ozzy Osbourne to sell you a piece of his work for $5? For your £1300 amp. Really?

• So, you're embarrassed that I'm suggesting a business model that pays him more per amp setup? Almost double. I don't get get it.

As I said before, I have a lot of respect for MW and his producing skills. For me, his producing skills, nor what I paid for a profiler, has anything to do with what I'm willing to pay for profiles. In the end, MW has made a choice how to package his work. I have done nothing more than suggest an alternative that would allow folks to buy his work that otherwise wouldn't. Good for some of the profiler owners and more income for MW.

I am allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours, aren't I?

• Great , uber professional work !
    It will bring new dimension to the whole Kemper idea, without any doubt , thanks for that to The Team , and to Mr. MW him self. :thumbup:

But (always that famous "but" ) I would like to see two things :
    1. Single amps /rigs :?:
    2. Samples with SOLO guitar, not only riffs :?:

(I want to check sustain and the creaminess of single string sound, especially in high registers ,simple as is )

.....then I will decide to buy or not .

Cheers and good luck !

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• To me this is a very special pack, done by a special man, using some very special amps and mics/mic techniques.
    For sure a very welcome addition to what already has been available.

+1

We will get more information when the packs finally are released and we can hear the first recordings done with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• It would make these packs even nicer (if it already hasn't been done) if they come grouped together so that all the clean sounding ones stay together, then next all the medium profiles, followed by all the heavy profiles. If this was also done to the soon to be released free MW profiles it would make it even cooler. I know we can just change this ourselves, but if they have to be named anyway and they aren't out yet why not? Also hopefully the volumes are all evened out. Like how Maurizio70 set up his starter pack.
    Either way I'm still looking forward to trying out these profiles.
    And thanks again Michael Wagener and anyone else involved for putting in the time to make more cool profiles for the Kemper community.

• kriswylde - he's already selling them for less than $3 an amp in the bundles. So why not for $5 for each amp? The uber pack has 201 profiles across 83 amp set ups per the MW website. That's an average of 2.4 profiles per amp setup. At $210 for the uber pack it is $2.53 per amp setup ($210 / 83) or $2.89 per amp setup after price increase to $240.

I agree that I really like what I hear in the sound samples, but the same could be said for all the other commercial providers and we know that that doesn't always translate to a great sound in each of our setups.

I do respect MW's talents and experience, but that still doesn't make me want to shell out more than a $100 for one of the current packs offered. Maybe once I have one of the free profiles to try in my setup, my mind will be changed. Until then, I still stand by my earlier comment to break this up into individual amp packs.

Exactly!!!! what a deal !!

You get all those amps, at that price + recorded with top level mics, pre's... and the man himself !!!! not even gonna get in the value of these amps !!! Just a royer mic is over $1000 us ....

Buy it or don't can't believe I'm arguing about this. He doesn't want to make $3.00 here and there ?( he's selling a whole pack for the price asked. Buy it or don't, couldn't care less !!!

Maybe you should sell your Kemper and get a bean Pod , probably more in your budget !!!

• Wow! I suggest another way to package MW rig packs and now it's suggested that I sell my Kemper and get a bean Pod. What a wonderful forum where a difference of opinion gets an invite to sell their equipment and get out. I thought this was a forum where one could have a reasonable discussion without being attacked. SMH

• I hope MW would consider having singles as well as pack of profiles since I think a considerable number of us here are just like me who don't like every amp in a pack. I think this will be a win win situation since as users we will just pay for the profiles that we like and the seller will have more customer base (singles + pack). IMHO the law of supply and demand will prevail in this situation and we will see who will sell better later.It is already very noticeable now, based on discussions, who among the commercial profilers is leading.