Amp Factory Question

• I got my Kemper yesterday,Friday and i have updated the OS and everything seems to be working fine.

My question is,i am told that the Amp Factory Profiles are superb and i notice there are a lot of
    freebies on their site.

Are these freebies as good as the other Profiles,or should i buy a single profile just to see how good they are.

Thanks

Alan

• The free ones certainly are as good as the commercial ones, but you get only a few selections of an amp.
    Look at them as appetizers. ;)

• Thanks Ingolf,

Now i have the Kemper working properly i think i should download the rig manager for Mac
    if i can find it.

Alan

• Hi Asimmd

As you will read from my posts on here I'm a big fan of TAF and Andys work. Not only are his profiles awesome (for my taste they are) but his customer service is great to. When I got my KPA nearly 2 years ago, I brought bundle 2 this has a great selection of amps for the type of music I play!! I have also brought other packs and singles to which have all be great. (The Marshall Pack will blow you away) I found that TAF profiles took my KPA to a new level. :) I have the free packs that TAF offer which again are excellent quality and will again make your KPA love grow even more, but for the sake of a few £ you and buy profiles that out do the free ones and take you to XTC lol ;)

I would suggest buying a few singles and see how you get on and if you love them as much as I do then I'm sure Andy will offer you away to upgrade to a bundle if that's what you are after.

My last thought is you will not be disappointed with TAF free and paid for profiles. So enjoy and let us know how you get on :)

• [quote='asimmd','index.php?page=Thread&postID=161189#post161189'
    My question is,i am told that the Amp Factory Profiles are superb and i notice there are a lot of
    freebies on their site.

Are these freebies as good as the other Profiles,or should i buy a single profile just to see how good they are.

Thanks

Alan[/quote]

Ciao Alan,

I really believe that each profile has got its own life. Hard to define what is "quality" for a profile, if not faithfulness to the original rig. Which you may happen to not like, or to not be able to have it fit your instrument or the tune(s).

IOW, quality does not automatically translate to "appreciation" IMO.
    This is true for demos as well: it's rare that a sound you hear in a demo translates to your sound, unless you use the same instrument.
    I'd say it's like the demo of an amp: you can't expect it to sound the same under your fingers.

Anyway, if you get a good number of profiles from an author, you might start develope a sense of what they like or tend to do: this might give you a direction for evaluating what to expect from them... But there will always be exceptions

:)

• I was so impressed with Andy and his work, that I bought his entire library of profiles BEFORE I even owned a Kemper. That way I knew the moment the KPA arrived I'd be in instant amp nirvana. I was. Instant access to hundreds of amps I previously could only dream of. I have a raging profile addiction now, including many of the others offering premium profiles, but there are definitely worse things to be addicted to. Up the KPA!