multiple stereo pedals in Kemper's effects loop - how to connect

• Hello,

I'd like to use Strymon BigSky and Mobius both in Kemper's effects loop. Anyone here did such thing? Are there more possible ways? Or is the only solution to use OneControl Crocodile or anything similar (maybe rack mounted) that can send midi messages to both Kemper and Strymon effects and can manage stereo outs of both pedals? I still don't get how do I connect them so that Kemper stereo XLR's would contain the stereo sound of each effect by itself or both combined. The stereo "mixing" of both pedals has to be done in the floor/rack switching system and from there I will put two sends and put them into Kempers returns - am I correct? Just making sure before buying quite pricey pieces of gear just to find out later there was a much simpler and cheaper way :D

Thanks in advance

• You should not put a stereo FX pedal in the Kemper loop, since you cannot route a stereo signal back into the Kemper, unless you sum it to mono, therefore wasting its utility, i.e. a single out would suffice. Since such pedals are usually post-amp, the best results would be obtained by sending the left/right output from the Kemper to the pedals and from there to the speaker system of choice.

Any midi controller that can transmit on multiple channels should suffice for this purpose.

• You should not put a stereo FX pedal in the Kemper loop, since you cannot route a stereo signal back into the Kemper, unless you sum it to mono, therefore wasting its utility, i.e. a single out would suffice. Since such pedals are usually post-amp, the best results would be obtained by sending the left/right output from the Kemper to the pedals and from there to the speaker system of choice.

Any midi controller that can transmit on multiple channels should suffice for this purpose.

But cannot the "alternative input" be set and used as the second return for using stereo?

The Kemper manual on page 22-23... http://www.kemper-amps.com/api…0Profiling%20in%20English

But cannot the "alternative input" be set and used as the second return for using stereo?

yes : stereo loop is possible in X and MOD slots

in A,B,C,D slots : only mono loop

• Yes, it's perfectly possible.
    Stereo loop in X or MOD- slot is the way to go.

Hello,

thank you for your input. So now that we are clear on that it is possible indeed - back to my original question - how can I connect both BigSky and Mobius (and switch them both on off or combine them) to Kemper? Do I need something like RJM Mini Effect Gizmo for that? Or of course G-Lab or any other brand.. Or is there any simpler way so these additional switchers won't be necessary? Btw. - both these Strymon effects have midi in and thru I/O.

Thanks

• Just connect the two in series (depending on their stereo/mono ins/outs). When you activate the X (or Mod) slot, as any pedal, the whole thing will be switched on, and the other way round.

• You can control everything with a midi foot controller. Just use the midi out from the foot controller then use midi in/midi thru, midi in/midi thru for each devices all in chain and set a different midi channel for each device too (ex: KPA channel 1, mobius channel 2 and bigsky channel 3). So you will be able to control each devices as you want in the same time with one foot step on your midi controller.

• Just for the record: i'm using Mobius, Timeline & Big Sky alongside other stompboxes with the KPA. There is one thing you can try with Mobius which is quite interesting Imho. Using Mobius' Pre/Post-feature you can put it in the loop together with Big Sky AND at the same time in front of the Profiler and have that switchable per preset. For example using the vibe algorithm before the Amp (means: in front of KPA) sounds quite different compared to using it after the Amp in the loop. Same goes for most of the other algorithms. Of course then you are limited to using Mobius in mono only but you have the option to choose it's position in the signal chain per preset without switching physical cables. I do it that way and i really like it.

• Looks very interesting ! I have TimeLine & BigSky, and think about the Mobius too...
    Can you please post somekind of a connections schema to exploit the Pre/Post feature ?

• OK, I think I got it : your guitar is plugged in the Mobius...
    I tought it was in the KPA and didn't see how it was possible to switch Pre/Post then...

Thanks.

• I connected my Mobius, Timeline, Big Sky as above.

How do I enable it?

Can I disable all Kemper effects globally and just use my pedals?

In the X Slot, Add the Stereo FX Loop, and Lock it On. To disable the KPA reverb and delay, Lock the Reverb and Delay slots In Off status.

Note: if you are using 4.x, you can Lock the FX Loop On in the Delay Slot, and just Lock the Reverb Slot Off. That would make the X slot available for other effects.

• Thanks a lot paults.

Bare with me here. I have not gone very deep into the KPA all this time I have had it.
    Unfortunately I dont find it all that intuitive like others do.
    All this time I have not even changed any parameters in the effects sections. Not once.

I find a rig that sounds good to me with effects already and just use it.
    I do prefer being able to modify the settings but I just dont like menu diving regardless how intuitive it is or not.
    I am much better and faster at knob spinning. It is MUCH faster for me.
    Everything is in front of me and open already. That is why I was all for a good editor.

That is not happening so I decided to just get these pedals. Besides I feel they are of a better quality.

Anyway, now that I have these hooked up-
    Could somebody give me a brief description of using the midi on these with the Kemper?
    I mean what can I do with it as far as controlling them?

What midi pedal/ controller would be good with my setup?
    [Blocked Image: http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp174/nvr2fst1/20160518_154015.jpg]