Hi all

• Just a quick note to introduce myself since I already own the KPA a couple of weeks and I've been diving into this forum like hell since! So thanks for all your advice and tips so far!

I've been playing the guitar for over 35 years now, classical trained but I always have played electrics as well.

After buying the Kemper I immediately sold my Soldano and now the Twin and the Vox Tonelab will leave the door the same way as well anytime soon.

Brought the Kemper to a gig last Saturday, but was't quite satisfied yet. But I know it's in this machine so I need a bit more tweaking I guess and I ran the Kemper though a 1*12 cab (miked) which is not the way to use it, but I didn't have time to experiment and hear it direct from FOH so went for the safe way. Next time I will try direct out as well.

I play a lot of country gigs (so a Telecaster) and I have a little trouble dialing in the right country twang sound (alla Mason and Paisley). Any advice here? At a low level it's fine but at stage level it sounds 'too cranked' for some reason.

regards,
    Johan

• Hi Johan, welcome :)

Lots of things might get in your way...

Was cab simulation on or off?

Always tweak at stage volume and with symilar gear: a linear cab/monitor if you go direct, or the guitar cab you plan to use.
    I guess you already know you can use the guitar cab as a stage monitor and Main Out to FOH

Of course mic'ing the cab will add the usual set of issues we've faced for decades :D

:)

• I would suggest the TAF Trainwreck profiles. They are absolutely killer with a Tele!

Duesenberg CC Fullerton, Heritage H535, Guild Starfire 4 ST, Fender American Standard Strat and Tele, Taylor 816CE, Fender Precision bass, Suhr Badger 35 Amp Head, 1x12 cab w/Scumback M75, 1x12 cab w/Celestion G12m-65 Creamback, Fractal Audio Systems AX8, 2 DXR10's, Kemper Profling Amp, Presonus Studio One 3 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, Vox AC15, Vox NT G2 and more pedals than I should own.

• Welcome, Johan! I remember sometime back there was some country guitarist that was doing a lot of touring praising the Kemper. If you type in "country" and do a search, I'm sure you'll bump into all sorts of users who have similar goals as you with respect to tone and might have even shared some of their favourite ideas and profiles on the rig exchange.

All the best! ^^

• Thanks all for your replies guys! I had a gig last weekend and that was more of a rock gig so I bought some Marshall profiles from TAF (UKGold 87x) and went straight out to the FOH. Excellent sound! I am more tweaking the amp settings right now and also have better country/rock results. Sure will check the TAF Trainwreck as well, thanks for mentioning it! Also bought the TopJimi 1974 Lee Jackson Marshall profiles and these are killing as well!

Only thing left now is that I seem to suffer from the "loose knob" issue that a couple of other users seem to have as well. When I change the treble EQ setting sometimes the knob goes changing settings itself and seems to go balistic (while playing I see the value change constantly by itself, without changing tone) even in other rigs at that point! Once this is happening I can't even change a stompbox anymore, it's not responding anymore. Turning the treble up and down a couple of times seem to resolve it but it's kind of unexpected and unwanted behavior of course.

I can live with it but it scares me to think that at some point the Kemper fails on me during a live gig and that I can't live with..any suggestions from any of you? Can't afford to buy a spare one :)

• Welcome!

To mike a KPA is not the best way to use it - try to go direct to FOH.

The KPA loves the Tele a lot - I am sure you'll find a lot of great sounds.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Only thing left now is that I seem to suffer from the "loose knob" issue that a couple of other users seem to have as well. When I change the treble EQ setting sometimes the knob goes changing settings itself and seems to go balistic (while playing I see the value change constantly by itself, without changing tone) even in other rigs at that point! Once this is happening I can't even change a stompbox anymore, it's not responding anymore. Turning the treble up and down a couple of times seem to resolve it but it's kind of unexpected and unwanted behavior of course.

I can live with it but it scares me to think that at some point the Kemper fails on me during a live gig and that I can't live with..any suggestions from any of you? Can't afford to buy a spare one :)

Your unit is clearly and definitely defective. Visit your store or open a ticket and ask for the proper fixing procedures, now that you're still at the beginning of your way. You'll probably feel worse with the time

:)

• Welcome!

I use it live as well and took me about 4 weeks of gigs to really get it dialed in. Recorded a lot and made small tweaks as I went. I also needed to learn what works best in a mix vs. my phones. Went from serviceable to rock star tone every gig. Also much better than the sometimes it's magic and sometimes it's not tube amps.

Doesn't take long to get it dialed in.

• Thanks for the tip! I returned this unit and got a new one....but what a difference in sound! The other unit sounded harsh and the gain was pretty awefull. I bought the 1987x TAF profiles and it only was usable to me when totally lowering the gain and put a distortion stomp in front of it. I spent weeks of tweaking sounds to get the tones right. Even the TAF bassman that came with it sounded distorded.

Now I have this new unit and almost all sounds are useable without spending hours of tweaking, so pretty much out of the box. Just change some overal EQ settings and it's fine. The 1987x sounds are amazing now and I bought the TAF '59 bassman and Trainwreck profiles which are killing together with my tele!

I would have never known this if I didn't return the unit though but it does make me wonder why these faulty units are being send out to customers actually....

• I would have never known this if I didn't return the unit though but it does make me wonder why these faulty units are being send out to customers actually....

Even with a good and working QC it is inevitable that sometimes a faulty unit gets into sale.
    Some damage even happesn after QC during shipping.
    It's a fact of live.
    But I'm glad you have a great profiler experience now.;)