Some pots feel loose/wiggly

• Ok, so I finally bought myself a Kemper Powerrack. Fiddled with it for a couple of weeks. One of the first things I noticed were those cheaps-ass plastic knobs, but ok. Second thing was that some of the potentiometers/knobs feel loose and wiggly, others don't. I asked two persons I know who own a Kemper and both of them don't seem to have that problem. So I went back to the store and showed it to the people there. They agreed with me that this was not something you'd expect from a expensive machine like this. So we checked out three other Kempers they had in stock and all of them had this problem, albeit not with the same pots/knobs. With mine, it was the browser one and a couple of others. Also, when using the browser-knob it skip about 5 profiles at a time, the first time I use it. Turn it back and forth again and only then it works proper.
    Since this was a new product we decided to pick the best o the four they had and send it to Kemper for repairs .
    It's been little over a month now and today the store mailed me that Kemper was still debating on how to fix the problem. Which means they didn't even start repairs yet.
    I must say I'm really dissapointed. How much work can it be to replace or fix those pots? Was it there to think about that takes so much time?
    The Kemper sounds great and all, but I expected more in terms of quality check and service.
    Wondering if anybody else had a similar experience with either the pots-issue or Kemper repair.

• Ok, so I finally bought myself a Kemper Powerrack. Fiddled with it for a couple of weeks. One of the first things I noticed were those cheaps-ass plastic knobs, but ok. Second thing was that some of the potentiometers/knobs feel loose and wiggly, others don't. I asked two persons I know who own a Kemper and both of them don't seem to have that problem. So I went back to the store and showed it to the people there. They agreed with me that this was not something you'd expect from a expensive machine like this. So we checked out three other Kempers they had in stock and all of them had this problem, albeit not with the same pots/knobs. With mine, it was the browser one and a couple of others. Also, when using the browser-knob it skip about 5 profiles at a time, the first time I use it. Turn it back and forth again and only then it works proper.
    Since this was a new product we decided to pick the best o the four they had and send it to Kemper for repairs .
    It's been little over a month now and today the store mailed me that Kemper was still debating on how to fix the problem. Which means they didn't even start repairs yet.
    I must say I'm really dissapointed. How much work can it be to replace or fix those pots? Was it there to think about that takes so much time?
    The Kemper sounds great and all, but I expected more in terms of quality check and service.
    Wondering if anybody else had a similar experience with either the pots-issue or Kemper repair.

Welcome, and sorry to hear about your problem!

I wonder what Kemper support says about the issue, so instead of having the shop exchange mails I'd open a support ticket myself to get 1st hand information about the right procedure to solve this problem.

• Does the store have all four of the Kempers available on display like that? Could be on account of that, since I would never want to leave an expensive piece of gear available for everyone to try out. And if I was purchasing one, I'd want it to be sealed, in box.

Have patience and I'm sure that your unit will be repaired and sent back. I'm suspecting this isn't a very common problem and hints at the unit possibly being physically damaged at the store or in transit, so they must be deliberating over how best to repair it.

• Thanks for your replies. I feel more comfortable letting the (very big) store handle this for me. Also, I doubt they'll want to sell their other Kempers, since they have the same issue.
    I discouraged a friend to buy one and wait for a bit, just in case it just a bad batch.
    Too bad, cause I miss my Kemper. Bought quite a lot of amp packs for The Amp Factory, that sound really good. I just didn't want to be on stage a year from now and have a pot break down during a show or something.

As to Nightlight's question, all the Kempers we tried were sealed. Even so, you'd expect you'd expect a German machine to live up to it's name and being able to withstand some abuse. I mean, it has to be road-ready, doesn't it?
    My Mesa Roadster is build like a tank for example. The weight too unfortunately.
    Still, I'm wondering if there are more people out there...here with this issue. I've read one post on this forum from a guy who lives in Indonesia I think. He didn't bother sending it back, since it would take forever.
    On the other hand it's good to know it's NOT a common problem. The plastic knobs still are an eyesore though.

• Well, it is good to know that it isn't common. So they should be able to fix it then. Hope they'll do that sooner than later though.
    I miss playing and I have bought about 110 amp profiles I didn't have a chance to check out yet.

• I bought my second Kemper power rack a few days ago and I have also a few very loose pots on this new KPA!
    The Browse Pot is the worst one, i'm not happy with it .
    My First Power Rack is a year old now and doesnt have this problems,
    On the first unit you can wiggle the pots also a bit but they feel tighter and don't "click" up and down in there shaft like the pots in the new Power rack do.
    Perhaps Kemper got another brand pots or so?

Edited 2 times, last by Dorrus ().

• There are no known issues regarding wiggly or wobbly knobs. We have been using the same components since we started to produce the profiler and never changed the way they are mounted. If you feel that your profiler is suffering from a faulty knob please contact your dealer to get it repaired.