Lots if unwanted artefacts using pitch shifting

• Hi all
    Am getting lots if gargling and artefacts going in the harmoniser. Am trying to use it to transpose a guitar down to play a bass part I am writing for a song and it is totally unusable as is. I've also tried changing settings and just doing a 3rd and 5th sound but this is also awful. Is this a known problem with the latest firmware? I had no probs at all last time I did this a couple of months back.

Any help appreciated.

• I've found turning off formant shift helps a lot. But a little disappointing as I read on the forum that formant shift is very useful in tailoring the sound when transposing a guitar down to a bass.

• Hello!

I have done this with Kemper, to transpose a guitar to bass. I used the TRP in the effects and set the setting to -12, and it works great.
    If you put a harmonizer HARM after the amp block, then it works better and the sound gets more smooth and more natural.

• If you put a harmonizer HARM after the amp block, then it works better and the sound gets more smooth and more natural.

Yes. Harmonizer / pitch shifter should always go after the distortion (distorting AMP), if you expect smooth harmonies.

• I will try the transpose next time as it seems like a good suggestion. Also appreciate the advice regarding strings although I keep my gear in good condition as I gig and rehearse regularly every month so in this case the advice isn't relevant. The reason for the op really was that I used exactly the same rig the last time I was laying down the bass track idea for a song and it worked fine. I am not using any distortion btw but a clean profile. Whereas this time there are major issues with the tracking.

I will follow the advice though as it makes sense. Oh and I am also playing monophonic 'bass' lines